Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install Aquacheck on ensuite wall?

Mel9
Finding My Feet

How to install Aquacheck on ensuite wall?

Hi. We are putting a small ensuite in our hallway. Do we need to remove all paster on every wall to install aquacheck or villaboard or can we just leave original plaster and just put aquacheck where shower cubicle is? Do you have to have aquacheck on basin wall?

received_255472687078625.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: ensuite

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Mel9. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about sheeting an ensuite.

Are you waterproofing this room? That will likely be the determining factor, as sheeting over existing sheets will likely cause an issue with your waterproofing. 

The whole room is considered a wet area, so it would be best to have Aquacheck on all walls. For the shower cubicle, you might like to consider using Villaboard, although Aquacheck is also suitable.

I'd suggest having a word with the tradesperson doing your waterproofing, as it will need to be done immediately after sheeting the walls. They'll be able to give you a good idea of what they can waterproof over.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks so much Mitchell. The ceiling is very high. Would that need the aquaboard too or just the walls?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

You have to consider the moisture-laden air that will reach the ceiling @Mel9. According to CSR, you should use Aquacheck for both walls and ceiling in a wet area as standard plaster sheets are not moisture resistant. 

Mitchell

Thanks for the prompt reply. One more question.  Can you instal a 32cm deep basin on a shelf that is 25cm deep ie have a overhang of the basin?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

If it's a benchtop basin like the Esstilo White Square Counter Top Basin then I can't see any issues with having it overhang @Mel9. However, obviously, the pipework from the central waste hole is then going to be very close to the front edge of the shelf. 

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects