Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to hide bathroom pipes?

Janette2
Finding My Feet

How to hide bathroom pipes?

Janette2_0-1706696050340.jpeg

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I might be able to hide these pipes that go along the wall to the sink without completely boxing them in?  I thought of doing a an L shaped shelf but not sure how to secure it and do the corner.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to hide bathroom pipes?

Hi @Janette2,

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop. We're pleased to have you join the community. 

I'm sure our community members and our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts will have some ideas for you. Let me tag some clever members like @Dave-1@Remarka6le and @JoeAzza to see if they can share their thoughts. It certainly looks like a nib wall is out of the question given the tight dimensions of the room, but you might get inspiration from what @RenoRach1 achieved in her laundry.  

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

My Grandparents in Adelaide had a similar bathroom to this, they were big plant people so they hid these pipes via a combination of 

fake twisted vine, rope cover, and a small stool that went in front of the pipe in the corner and housed a pot (with another fake plant) that combined everything together. It was pretty easy to set up, you just wrap both (or just the one if you're not into the other) around the pipes and secre the end with discreet clips or adhesive hooks and the other end into the pot. 

Alternatively, you could always paint the pipes as a feature (like Black) contrasting a darker wall colour of your choice, I'm a massive fan of this approach, you see it in many city restaurants these days. 

Regards,

Remarka6le
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Good afternoon @Janette2 

Id like to say "Howdy" and welcome to the Bunnings community page :smile: Perfect place for these type of ideas!

I have a question tho, when you say boxed in are you refering to a small box tpye deal going over the pipes?

My first idea was a thin long shelf from the sink to the wall and a bit (Along the lines of the L shelf you mentioned) Byt I am talking the base being just above the pipes and the top being level with the sink, the width of the shelf would be a little wider then the pipe. You could have sliding doors or even a curtain hanging *toilet clean supplies/bathroom cleaners could be inside it.

Second idea :smile:

If the people who are using it read? Then you could have a slotted downwards shelf so the spine sits over the rail and hangs down? (Think filing cabinet hangers or shoe slots that you stick the toe of the shoe down into)

I dont really like just having a shelf above the pipe to cover it as little ones could be tempted to stand on it mainly,

Dave

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @Janette2  All good ideas submitted by @Dave-1 , @Remarka6le

another suggestion if possible you may need to get a plumber to conceal the pipe work in the or if possible go under the floor. All you would see is the pipe under the sink, or you could change the sink to a free standing vanity unit, to hide the pipe under the sink.

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

@Janette2 

I actually like @Remarka6le's vine idea, My grandma had one in her nathroom and it always felt cool and relaxing when you stepped insoide. As Remarka6le said "grow it over the pipes" :smile:

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Janette2 

That's fantastic suggestions coming from our members. I would also like to suggest painting the pipe in a copper paint and make it a feature. Building a shelf sounds great and would make an excellent spot for plants. Perhaps a combination of ideas? 

The classical solution of course is to hide the pipes in the wall and the floor. But imagine the conversations you'll be having about that copper pipe in the bathroom that has a shelf on it with beautiful plants growing on it!

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects