Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix leaking gasket between tank and bowl?

Gillian22
Just Starting Out

How to fix leaking gasket between tank and bowl?

Hi l have attached a photo of a leak in the gasket - toilet between the tank and bowl. Could l get some assistance if this is easy fix or need a plumber. 

IMG_2333.jpeg

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to fix leaking gasket between tank and bowl?

A warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @Gillian22. We're delighted to have you join our wonderful community of D.I.Y. enthusiasts who are sharing inspiring projects and exchanging handy advice on the site everyday.

Thanks for your question. I'm sure our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts will be happy to assist as soon as they can. In the meantime, let me tag our knowledgeable members @CSParnell@Jewelleryrescue and @TedBear to see if they have any thoughts.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix leaking gasket between tank and bowl?

Hello @Gillian22 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your leaking toilet.

The parts you are after are the Kinetic 50mm Flush Pipe Ring and the Kinetic 50mm Key Seal. When the key seal is changed quite often the flush pipe O ring is changed as well. In this particular instance, I suggest engaging the services of a registered plumber as this is a difficult repair job and not recommended as a D.I.Y. repair.

Depending on the difficulty level the plumber might have to remove your cistern to gain access to the flush pipe. The flush pipe will then need to be pulled out and the old key seal replaced. The pipe will then need to be forced back into position making sure that it lines up with the outlet of the cistern.  

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects