Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a leaking drain hose?

nednjoel11
Just Starting Out

How to fix a leaking drain hose?

Hi  My brand new top loader came with a rigid drain hose. The installer connected the hose, it leaked. My plumber tried again, it slowed to a dribble leak. The retailer paid my plumber to have a second go. Am back to a spray leak. What can I do?? My original washer had a soft drainage hose, the new one is rigid,

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: washing machine drain hose leak

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @nednjoel11. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing a drain hose.

Perhaps you might suggest that the installer try a hose with a rubber fitting like the Kinetic 2m Grey PVC Washing Machine And Dishwasher Outlet Drain Hose.

I'd recommend you continue the conversation with the retailer and have them rectify the situation. I presume the hose supplied with the unit would be working correctly on thousands of other installs, so I'd be wondering if it's something else causing the leak, like a split fitting on the machine itself. It is best not to try any fixes yourself in case this is the cause.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects