Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a click clack pop up waste plug?

bluebottled
Getting Established

How to fix a click clack pop up waste plug?

The pop up waste plug has become stuck and stopped working. 

image.jpg

Upon inspection, it appears that the pop up mechanism has stopped working. I've bought a replacement mechanism (Kinetic Pop Mechanism), however I can't remove the wheel from the lower half of the broken pop up mechanism to transfer to the replacement mechanism. 

image.jpg

Would anyone have any suggestions on how I can remove the wheel, or where I can find a replacement?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Fixing a click clack pop up waste plug

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @bluebottled. It's marvellous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about replacing a pop-up waste mechanism.

You'll need to attach an adjustable wrench to the shaft where the two cutouts are. Then, use a set of multi-grip pliers to grasp the wheel and turn it. Failing that working, I'd suggest the easiest option would be to return the pop-up mechanism and pick up a new Kinetic 32mm Chrome Pop Up Basin Waste. I'd would likely be easier to replace the whole waste with new parts than to try and find and install the lower section of the mechanism.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

pop.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @MitchellMc for the assistance. Will try it out over the weekend and let you know how it goes.

I was able to unscrew the wheel following your instructions. Thanks again for your help @MitchellMc!

That's super @bluebottled! Great work!

Please reach out anytime you need assistance with a project around the home or garden; we're here to help.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects