Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect two drain hoses to one nipple?

Shawn_W
Just Starting Out

How to connect two drain hoses to one nipple?

Hi, 

I have a washing machine and a dryer and want it both drained. However I just found that the trap under the sink only have one nipple for drain hose.

Is there any parts can let me connect one nipple to two hose?

Thank you

20230611_144218.jpg20230611_144223.jpg20230611_144300.jpg20230611_144323.jpg

gagangarg
Just Starting Out

Re: How to connect two drain hose to one nipple?

I think you might be able to buy a T from the section bunnings sell rain water harvesting things and garden watering systems. You will need a bit of a similar hose to connect the T to your drain.

MrSober
Building a Reputation

Can you just use a bit of 19mm clear pipe or similar (Pope 19mm x 90cm Clear Vinyl Tubing - Bunnings Australia) to a T piece? But guess a T piece would let water flow into the other drain which may cause issues, I have seen dual nipple s-bends but might not be as easy to find one that fits the current setup. 

Don't know how easy it would be to maybe drill a hole and put a second nipple in. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Shawn_W 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about connecting two drain hoses on your waste trap.

The best method to attach both pipes from your washer and dryer is to replace the existing trap with an S&P Fix-A-Tap Trap. This trap has a provision for a second waste. I've placed an image below to give you an idea of what it looks like. 

Please note that this product needs to be specially ordered at the special orders desk. The Fix-A-Tap code number for the product is 216199. I suggest asking the special orders team for a quote before purchasing the product.

Please note it might be necessary to engage a licensed plumber to complete this work. If in doubt, consult your local building authority before starting.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects