Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect my washing machine?

anamunozff
Finding My Feet

How to connect my washing machine?

Hi,
I would appreciate any advice I can get.
I want to connect my washing machine to the taps in a bathroom (was told the previous tenant did this too) but I am not sure what I need to make this happen. 
This is my washing machine hose:
IMG_1481.jpg
This is how the taps look under the sink:
IMG_1482.jpg
Thanks!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to connect my washing machine

Hello @anamunozff 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about where to connect your washing machine inlet hose.

Thank you for posting those pictures under your vanity. The flexihose with the blue line is the cold line and underneath it is a brass cover cap. This is where the washing hose can be connected to. At the moment, I don't recommend removing this cover cap as it is under pressure.  

In this instance, I suggest engaging the services of a registered plumber to upgrade the connection under the vanity. The way it is at the moment it is very dangerous as any leak or failure will mean that there will be no way for you turn the water off except by going out and turning the mains off. You can imagine how much damage would occur if the leak were to happen while you were away.

I recommend speaking to your landlord or property manager regarding this. I recommend installing a Brasshards 20mm Chrome Loose Nut Mini Washing Machine Tap. Your plumber will be able to install this tap for you.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi! 

Thanks for this reply. We hired a plumber, and they installed a similar piece. Thanks!. 

IMG_1585.JPG

Great, thanks for letting us know @anamunozff.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects