Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a dog shower station?

Lyn74
Just Starting Out

How to build a dog shower station?

I'm removing my laundry tub and building a dog wash area (rough ideas I have per pictures). Due to area I have I can't install a regular shower base as only have 700 x 700mm. So I was just going to build a raised frame and then tile this. What do I need to use as a base for tiles? Would villaboard be strong enough? Thank you

IMG_5817.jpgIMG_5815.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build a dog shower station?

Hello @Lyn74 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about building a dog shower station. 

For the flooring I suggest using James Hardie 1800 x 900 x 19mm Secura Interior Flooring and for the walls I recommend James Hardie 2400 x 1200 x 6mm 2.88m² Villaboard Lining - 2400 x 1200 x 6.

However, before you begin, I suggest checking your local council's rules and regulations regarding building a shower station for pets. I also recommend speaking to your local builder and picking their brain regarding the construction of this shower in your laundry area.

It might be necessary to engage their services as the structure might need to be signed off. I believe that the waterproofing for the laundry area will need to be redone as its coverage will need to be extended.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Lyn74
Just Starting Out

I'm building a raised frame for the shower base, this flooring seems like it's for a larger area? The whole laundry is already tiled.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Lyn74 

My apologies, I should have mentioned just a single sheet of the James Hardie Secura. Let me double check if the panel can be purchased as a single sheet. I'll get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Thank you for your patience.

Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Lyn74 

Thank you for your patience. The quick answer is yes, a single sheet can be purchased, please make sure to give your local store a call to make sure they have the product in stock.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects