Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach these soft pads to cabinet?

rohan
Just Starting Out

How to attach these soft pads to cabinet?

Hi everyone, I just put up this cabinet and it is great apart from the poor instructions. It was easy to put up but I am left with these soft pads and I have no idea where they are supposed to go? I assume there are supposed to be 8 holes in the shelves where they slot in to assist with soft closing the doors.

Any ideas?20231229_125449.jpg

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to attach these soft pads to cabinet?

Hi  @rohan 

Cabinat looks  great  top job.

Those white things are used to press on to exposed screw heads in the centre to cover the screws and make the cabinet even  more sexy should you wish to cover exposed phillips screw heads.

The truth is i never  could get them to stay in the screw sockets they pop off so  I  usually used a touch of liquid  nails to stick them on lol.

There are always more ways than  one.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to attach these soft pads to cabinet?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @rohan. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about screw caps.

As @Jewelleryrescue mentioned, they are for covering your exposed screws in the back wall of the cabinet, which you used to attach the unit to the studs. Also, there might be exposed screws on the outside sides of the cabinet if they have been used to fix the shelves in place.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects