Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. pallet wood shelf

Tara86
Amassing an Audience

D.I.Y. pallet wood shelf

F1EFAF45-93B5-4CF8-AEE7-372DBA69608C.jpeg

I’ve wanted but to do this for ages but kept putting it off. Was actually surprised at how easy it was. I’ve used 2 wooden supports and made sure I screwed them into the studs for extra support. Using my spirit level I checked all was good to go and then attached 2 pieces on the top and bottom, then finished with 1 at the front. Definitely preferred the floating look. Great way to add some storage and also a nice feature.

694ED128-34BC-4550-A9DC-A29D2679DC80.jpeg8DFE89D8-5824-497F-B48F-48DB27CF7402.jpeg05F3C6A8-DA22-4F49-BE33-2A94318BA8D6.jpeg2947D432-0496-4510-B057-CBB8A2F6DF63.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: D.I.Y. pallet wood shelf

Looks fantastic @Tara86. Well done and many thanks for sharing. I'm sure this will be another project of yours that will inspire other community members.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
tangcla
Just Starting Out

I'm curious to see the wooden supports you used/made.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @tangcla. Hopefully @Tara86 took some progress shots that she can share. 

Let me also extend a warm welcome to the community. We look forward to reading about your own projects and plans and trust that you will receive plenty of helpful advice and inspiration from other members. Please post whenever you need a hand or have a project to share. And feel free to let me know if you need help getting the most from the site or have any feedback about how we can improve Workshop for you.

Thanks again,

Jason

Prawns
Becoming a Leader

That looks great! What a cool idea thanks for sharing
Tara86
Amassing an Audience

@tangcla Sorry only took 2 photos from the front. You can see them slightly in one of the pics I posts.

As the supports are hidden I just used leftover cut offs - MGP10 untreated structural pine from Bunnings. 90 x 45mm. I screwed them into timber studs for extra stability.

Then for extra support with the 2 pieces I used for the top shelf were just more timber cut offs that I screwed underneath. Thankfully with this project this was enough. It’s secure and stable, the shelf has no weakness or movement either. I hope that helps!

Stuardo
Becoming a Leader

Looks great @Tara86. At first I thought it was a solid piece of timber, then I read the title and saw the 3rd picture. Love it.

StaffyCrew
Finding My Feet

Great job

Welcome to the Workshop community @StaffyCrew.

You'll find Workshop is full of innovative community members like @Tara86 who share their knowledge and amazing projects here every day. We're excited to have you join us and trust that you'll get loads of inspiration for future projects from our creative members. 

Please let me know if you need a hand with getting the most out of the site or have any questions.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects