Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you use the same plumbing for a toilet as a sink?

Tina_P
Just Starting Out

Can you use the same plumbing for a toilet as a sink?

Hi I want to change the position of a toilet in my laundry, from the left hand side to the right hand side where there is a sink. So the sink will be where the toilet is & the toilet will be where the sink is. Can I therefore use the same plumbing?

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Can you use the same plumbing for a toilet as a sink?

Great to see you make your first post, @Tina_P. Hope you've been finding the site a handy resource for your home improvement and garden projects.

Thanks for your question. Is it possible to take and upload photos of the toilet in your laundry and the sink? That will help our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts and knowledgeable members get a better idea of what you're working with. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need a hand uploading images.

In the meantime, let me call upon @CSParnell@Jewelleryrescue and @JacobZ95 in case they have any thoughts.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Plumbing in laundry

Hi @Tina_P,

Unfortunately, toilets and sinks use vastly different-sized waste outlets; a sink uses 50mm and a toilet 100mm. You'd also need hot water plumbed across for the new position of the sink, as toilets only use a cold supply. 

So, in answer to your question, there is some convenience with switching their positions over to an entirely new location, but it is not as easy as using the same plumbing, and extensive work from a plumber will be required for the swap.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects