Workshop
Ask a question

Topics with Label: Craft and Hobbies

ashriyavarri
Growing in Experience

Hi Team, I am Ashriya and you might already know from my previous posts - making a seedling planting system. I have came up with another idea.  uhm ...

Graeme50
Getting Established
3 replies

Hello, I'm looking to build a wall using plywood (for kids' ball games). I believe that I can either use "marine plywood" or "external plywood". Bun ...

KetiSK
Just Starting Out
3 replies

Hello, I decided to make a bird bath out of our beloved Bulldog's old food bowl (He has recently passed away). I have begun by sanding the bowl with ...

Janey1
Just Starting Out
1 reply

I'm building a cat enclosure which will be outdoors but undercover - is there a way to tell which timbers and paints are safe for pets? Planned produc ...

Stacia
Just Starting Out
3 replies

Looking for the best and cheapest DIY cat enclosure for these are. We did purchase the rollers for tops of the fence however 1 cat can still escape. T ...

gardeningmum
Just Starting Out
1 reply

  Hi, I’d like to install the 2.2m swing slide climb slide in the garden but into the ground. Any ideas on how to secure the top part? Attached is a p ...

kellgywicr
Just Starting Out
1 reply

I’m hoping someone can help me. I’m trying to create an outdoor play area for my toddler and was playing with the idea of using some gym mats with art ...

cafelah
Just Starting Out
3 replies

Can i install a kids swing to the beam in my outdoor alfresco? If so what attachments could i use to attach them to the beam? Beam is not wood. can i ...

harmonyrk
Finding My Feet
5 replies

  Hey! I’m wanting to start a project to build a phone booth for an event in a few months time. I’m not sure how to approach it and what material wou ...

mat123
Just Starting Out
2 replies

hi. I’m planning on using H4 treated pine sleepers for a kids sandpit item number. /N: 8032699. Are they safe for kids or should I paint them and make ...

julesco
Getting Established
7 replies

Hello community,  I’d like to preface my post by saying that I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing so I’d really appreciate any help offered!  ...

Megasaurus
Finding My Feet
2 replies

We are quite limited for space in our outdoor area/backyard, so I built a sandpit under our existing deck for our toddler to play in. The cover is mad ...

SPP
Cultivating a Following
1 reply

I want to add a pull up bar on my sloping block of land. I bought a spirit level and I can see that the land level is not perfectly straight (which is ...

nvdshams
Growing in Experience
7 replies

Hi folks We have recently purchased a porch swing and are planning to attach it to a pair of beams in alfresco. Porch swing contains two chains and th ...

PrudenceF
Just Starting Out
2 replies

Hi, I need some advice with my cubby. We got a Kmart cubby last year and my eldest has shot up and now hits his head a lot going in and out. Would lov ...

BizeaBea
Just Starting Out
1 reply

Hey guys, Just wondering , if you were to make a cathouse out of plywood, which type of ply would you use that can handle getting wet sometimes. It wi ...

Peterershaw
Finding My Feet
4 replies

 I would like to build a single seat swing to hang underneath our second story deck. My preference is to have the timber seat connected by 4 ropes so ...

Ngarie
Just Starting Out
1 reply

I know there is alot of different ways to make a letterbox. I need advice on what materials to use for a sturdy wooden box. Thanks in advance

TheDude
Finding My Feet
3 replies

Hi all, I am thinking of building a frame for monkey bars and swings per the attached picture (excluding cubby house). I like the looks of round pine ...

Sonia_B
Just Starting Out
2 replies

I have purchased a hammock chair but only have the ceiling under the eaves on which to hang it. Is there a hook that can hold a weight load of around ...

RegentHoney
Getting Established
7 replies

Hi, I’m trying to build a large wooden frame to use as a small archery/dart throwing type range. Attached is a picture explaining what I mean better. ...

michaelsync
Getting Established
6 replies

 I have a outdoor gym rigs. I bolted to big concrete pavers on one side but the other side is still on the ground. I've been using it for a year or m ...

bazz235
Getting Established
9 replies

I bought some hardwood sleepers to make my kids sandpit. But as I've been looking into painting it, it appears the sleepers from Bunnings are treated ...

BBM
Just Starting Out
1 reply

Hi there! I’d love to install a child’s swing for my 1yr old daughter outside on our deck. Is there a way to attach the swing to this steel beam? Eith ...