Workshop
Ask a question

Topics with Label: Building and Construction

Renowayoflife
Becoming a Leader
4 replies

We wanted to add a pocket door to our home; we recently added an extension, where we added the bedrooms. We wanted to design a door to create some pri ...

Projects Editor Akanksha
Projects Editor
5 replies

The upcoming Easter long weekend can present a good opportunity to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into a D.I.Y. project. With the break coincidi ...

TimeToFix
Just Starting Out
4 replies

Hello!I need to replace some bits of my balustrade, some of the white lower parts are very old and are rotting, all the green including the top rail a ...

robynsogn
Just Starting Out
1 reply

Hi there Workshoppers! I'm planning to make use of a space between existing Polytec shelving to add a desk. I'm hoping to use the 19mmx600mm Timberbui ...

AmandaV
Growing in Experience
4 replies

I'd like to put shelves in my laundry and family room, attaching them to dry walls. They will need to bear loads of up to 10-12 kgs. I have a couple ...

Honest52
Cultivating a Following
1 reply

How to do rendering of external brick wall of a house? What types of material to buy? How to calculate the amount of material? What's common errors o ...

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru
2 replies

I have wanted a snooker table for years and have always run up against the "space" for it to live in issue. Also the weight of a proper table and gett ...

CassM
Just Starting Out
1 reply

  Hi, I tried to install a Daytek clothesline onto my brick wall using the Dynabolts suggested but even though I drilled 8mm holes for 8mm bolts the ...

Zippo01
Finding My Feet
7 replies

Hi Members, I have a cathedral ceiling in the games room of my house, I wish to add extra lighting by way of two hanging pendant lights. One at each e ...

mubash
Finding My Feet
5 replies

Hi, I dug up post holes in my backyard for a pergola. 1 post hole close to the wall keeps filling with water. I dug up 600mm and since i was close to ...

Bell_1986
Cultivating a Following
3 replies

Hello  does this area of new build tin roof appear to look okay/ normal?    

Zawadi
Finding My Feet
6 replies

Hi community,I'm looking to add insulation and moisture protection under a timber floor for a terrace house (ground level). The timber floor will go o ...

neverlostau
Finding My Feet
6 replies

I am needing to install roof ventilation to keep our roof space drier, so I need to cut 200x400mm holes and install screw in vents. The eave/soffit m ...

Projects Editor Akanksha
Projects Editor
23 replies

As a new year begins, we look forward to continue assisting our members with improving their homes and gardens. One of the things I love most about ou ...

MelC1
Cultivating a Following
8 replies

Hello! I need to create some kind of shoe holder to sort out the space at the bottom of our internal stairs. With two teenagers - one with a shoe ob ...

smittyboi
Getting Established
1 reply

I’m aware that when installing cornice on drywall you put nails in to withhold the position until set but I’m interested in knowing what you do on a d ...

gene
Getting Established
4 replies

 hi is this a floor skirting board or an architrave that goes around windows and doors? I want to buy colonial skirting boards over 5 metres and did ...

NleRoux
Finding My Feet
3 replies

Hi Team, I want to learn how to drill to put up shelves and pictures. Is there a course for this or is there someone that can assist please? Thanks, N ...

Jeych
Just Starting Out
1 reply

I'm having some.trouble with a ceiling and cornice that are sagging. The cause of the process has now been fixed (leak in the roof) so it shouldn't ge ...

Onearmman
Growing in Experience
7 replies

Living in a duplex and shared a common brick wall with a noisy neighbor who like late night music. Saw these acoustic slat and thinking about installi ...

minklet
Cultivating a Following
6 replies

I want to add some shelves to an internal wall in my unit for my cat to bounce around. She's about 5kg. Problem is that wall is pretty cheaply made, w ...

Martin4
Finding My Feet
6 replies

I’ve just made a wooden frame for a new flyscreen I’m making. However I’m having real trouble getting the aluminium fly screening to sit flat on the f ...

Steffi
Just Starting Out
5 replies

Hi newbie here, I am looking to purchase a lightweight nail gun, small projects such as closet shelving etc, I was it to be user friendly, cordless. A ...

Projects Editor Akanksha
Projects Editor
3 replies

Homemade gifts are a great way to show your creativity and affection for your loved ones. If you're looking for ideas on what to make this Valentine ...