Workshop
Ask a question

How to fix loose Gainsborough door knobs?

sheila
Just Starting Out

How to fix loose Gainsborough door knobs?

20200630_093407.jpg

20200630_093357.jpg

20200630_093357.jpg

 hi, how can I make the door knobs stay fixed on the door as unable to tighten it.

Cheers sheila

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to fix loose Gainsborough door knobs

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @sheila. Many thanks for your question, I'd be happy to assist.

The doorknob fixes to the door by turning the golden coloured collar flange clockwise. The thread on it matches up with the thread on the door fixing and tightens it onto the door. If it does not tighten, then there is a chance the thread is damaged and it will need to be replaced. Unless we can decipher which thread is damaged then you might need to replace the whole handle set.

Please let me know if you need further advice or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JDE
Becoming a Leader

@sheila 

Shelia do you mean you cant get it tight or it wont stay tight ie it comes lose as you use the handle? If it is the second nail polish on the thread before you put it back may help.

JDE 

DaisyMay
Getting Established

It worked like a charm, thank you!:hug:

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @DaisyMay. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for jumping into the discussion.

It's wonderful to hear that this solution worked for you. Please let us know if you ever get stuck with a project around the house or garden or have something to share with the community. We're here to help.

Mitchell

Thanks for that. Mine just fell off and I had no idea how they were retained. Simple solution

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Rob9. It's super to have you join us, and many thanks for jumping into the discussion.

I'm pleased to hear that the information discussed here was of benefit to you too.

Please reach out anytime you need assistance around the house or backyard. Our friendly and knowledgeable members are always happy to assist.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects