Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What would you most like to change?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you most like to change?

We all take great pride in our houses, but it can sometimes feel like there's a never-ending list of home improvement to be done.

What would you most like to change about your house or garden?

Let us know in the discussion below.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Re: What would you most like to change?

I would really like to reduce our dependency on electricity and maybe even go off the grid. I want to install solar panels on the roof and get some batteries that can store the electricity we would generate. I was really excited when I saw the Tesla Powerwall and hoping they become widely available and affordable soon.

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

I think I've mentioned it here before that we put in big timber bifold doors when we did our renovation. They continually expand and contract with the changing whether. It drives me crazy. They are either really hard to shut or have a gaping hole that lets all the cold air in. I wish I could change them but they were super expensive.

Definitely our horrible cracked concrete driveway. We have a large gum tree in the front yard and the roots have lifted the concrete in places and it makes a terrible first impression.
Goldmember
Having an Impact

Our place is pretty good (especially now the kids are all grown up and have moved on!) but I would really love a much bigger home theatre room. 

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Power to you Isobel. ; )

My background is in the power generation, transmission & distribution area, & I'm absolutely disgusted at the lies that were put to consumers to get it to happen. Does anyone remember the promise of cheaper energy? Is anybody impressed with the delays in emergency supply restorations? How about consumers having to pay for supply to their property, which can & often does amount to the sting of thousands of dollars.  8 (

We had solar installed a couple of years ago, & we love it. The Tesla Powerwall really excited me when I first heard of it, but as is typical of Australian retail business, the sale price of the smaller unit here, is double (exchange rate being taken into account) that of the more powerful unit overseas.

I urge you to go solar, & if you're able to go off-grid completely with storage batteries, I'd love to hear back from you.

_Marley_
Building a Reputation

I would love a lot more living area.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects