Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What would you like to see on the shelves of Bunnings?

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

What would you like to see on the shelves of Bunnings?

There's a plumbing device that can save water, but it's not available in Australia, as far I know.

It's called a "Shower Head Control Valve", which is installed between the shower wall outlet & the shower head. It's purpose is to save water while massaging shampoo through hair, or shaving while in the shower.

Thing is, it can't/doesn't shut the flow off completely (plumbing regulations don't allow it), so you can throttle it to your desired flow rate, if the minimum is too drastic.

Once installed, it's not compulsory to use it, it's just there to use if you choose to. It doesn't just save water, it brings a minor saving on your water heating bill at the same time.

Those with instantaneous (non-storage) hot water services, may not find it attractive, as turning the water flow up & down, causes uncomfortable water temperature fluctuations.

Like with all products, there are the cheap knock offs, but even the highest priced quality ones won't break the bank, & are there if you choose to use it.

In our 2 person home, my wife wouldn't use it, & she doesn't have to, but I have the option to use it which suits me fine (I'm old school, so don't shave in the shower).

During the cold season, shower as normal, turn the control valve to your preferred flow while shampooing & shaving, as the cubicle will be warm from the showering leading up to it.

A sample glimpse of what I'm talking about:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161086180091?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

So I urge Bunnings to set the scene by introducing this product, & hopefully make a killing, as Australian retailers aren't stocking them, & Energy Ministers are clueless. ; )

AHoy
Having an Impact

Re: What would you like to see on the shelves of Bunnings?

I think I've written here before that I'd like to see garden sensors. I'm a gardening newbie so like the idea of the internet helping me to have more success. There's these probes you can get overseas that you put in your garden that tell you the condition of the soil, what to plant and what you need to add to help make your plants thrive. Here's one...

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

I know you would need an electrician to install, but I would like to see Bunnings sell solar panels and batteries than can store the electricity they generate. Hopefully it's not too far away!

Trying
Making a Splash

Good evening all, there is a non-slip 12" garden "paver" or "stepping stone" (don't know what to call it really) made of re-cycled rubber and featuring embossed designs. Has many applications I think and looks impressive. Plus, everyone has heard of 'bed in a bag' - but how about ' Big Bag Bed'. It's a round raised garden bed made from Grow Bag Fabric. Comes in different sizes and can be reused next season if you wish.It's a garden bed in a bag ! No more digging ! Cheers

I really want to start smoking meat but I'm not sure if doing it on a charcoal BBQ will give me the desired results. I'd love Bunnings to bring in a range of dedicated smokers so I can try my hand at making some delicious Texas BBQ.

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

This morning while searching on the Bunnings site, I discovered that the "Shower Head Control Valve" that I was intersted in, is called a "Flexispray trickle switch" & is indeed stocked at Bunnings :embarassed::

https://www.bunnings.com.au/flexispray-chrome-trickle-switch_p5001170

Annette
Making a Splash

Several things come to mind that I would like to see in Bunnings:

• Strawberry towers - which can also grow herbs - I bought these ones from Aldi (pictured below)
  • Larger quantities of vermiculite, perlite and peat moss - I can only buy 5L bags of each of these items from Bunnings but luckily I have been able to source 100L bags of vermiculite and 100L bags of perlite on eBay for 45c per litre (incuding postage) as opposed to $1.80 per litre at Bunnings. I have also been able to source 125L bags of peat Moss from a fishing bait suppier for 56c per litre (including postage) as opposed to $1.20 per litre from Bunnings. This is a HUGE difference in price and should be addressed by Bunnings.
  • A seeding square to aid gardeners in easy plant spacing - currently not available in Australia but I have ordered it from America (pictured below).
  • I have seen many gardening products on YouTube that are just not available in Australia and wonder why - it's not as if we are a third world country. Maybe I should send Bunnings an email with photos and a link to all the products I would like to see in Bunnings.

• Strawberry Towers

Seeding Square

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many thanks for your feedback @Annette. I am happy to pass on any comments to the Bunnings merchandise team. Feel free to post other product suggestions.

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Wow @Annette, you never cease to amaze me, I love your determination, resourcefulness, & your unique ability to source what you need, from places that I'd never even thought of.

I enjoy learning from YouTube, but you're a level above, thanks for sharing. :bigsmile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects