Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What was the last thing you bought at Bunnings?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

As I'm nearing the end of our backyard games room project, I had an eclectic assortment of items in my basket during my long weekend trip to Bunnings. There was some magnets for a gate, some wood filler, some paint and a new BBQ spatula.

Looking around at the store, it seemed many people were gearing up for a big weekend of D.I.Y. and gardening projects. There was certainly a wide variety of items in shopping baskets and trolleys.  

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Damo
Getting Established

Re: What was the last thing you bought at Bunnings?

LED light bulb, smallest I could find in E14 for a kids lamp that my partner wants to use as a night light for when our number 2 arrives in a week or so.

Didn't need anything else, spent the long weekend cleaning up the garage to turn it back into a garage rather than a dumping room/workshop.

Thrilling I know, right!
stresslessmum
Finding My Feet

I bought some cans of spray paint for a craft project at my weekly craft group, some more paint for a project that i did at a Bunnings night last week and it was paid for with the 2 ten dollar gift cards that i won at the ladies night. Thank you Bunnings

lleonyta
Growing in Experience

Last thing I bought at Bunnings was a red metal stool for $25.

Later then I realised I need another one, then I came back to Bunnings, but they no longer sell it :unhappy:
It was the cheapest metal stool I could find around my area.

Mick0s
Having an Impact

A can of spray lacquer and a sheet of ply.

To have a play around with transferring prints onto wood.
When I get some time to do more than just a test, I'll stick a thread up.

wip.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

That looks fantastic @Mick0s, I'm keen to see more.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Vax Wash and Dry and carpet cleaner solution.

Todays trip a couple of pots for Calla Lilies and a couple of pull cords for toilet and bathroom lights. May also end with an Oziti Twin Saw...

Tube of 'roof and gutter sealant' and some newly found 'Sika screw seal nozzles' that I'm going to try to see if the sealant doesn't dry in the nozzle.
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

It wasn't the last thing that I bought, but I wanted to mention it anyway, as I'm super chuffed with it.

It's the cordless Dremel Micro:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/dremel-8v-cordless-micro-rotary-tool-with-accessories_p6280089

I'd previously bought a boxed set, built around a corded Dremel, which included a flex shaft, & plenty of attachments & fittings.

One of the uses I put it to much later, was to trim the nails of our dogs. After nipping black nails too short, & blood going everywhere, let alone the distress of a little mate in pain, I hauled it out to grind down their nails. I knew of the purpose built nail grinders from pet suppliers, but didn't see the need to buy one if I could rig the Dremel to do the job. With a bit of electrical conduit, & the cap from a pump atomiser, I modded it to do the job & it was very effective.

The only problem was that the sanding tube was quite aggressive, left a rough finish & chattered when grinding.

I could've changed over the sanding tube for a finer one, but if I needed to swap them frequently, it was going to be a hassle (my mod was semi-permanent).

That's where the recent acquisition of my new cordless Dremel shone through. It's quieter, more nimble, & far easier to manoeuvre. When fitted with a 6mm grinding tube, it didn't need the guard that stops their hair from being wrenched/entangled.

Could I have done it with the corded one, well yeah, but the Dremel Micro is a breeze to use, & the boys love it.

Wayne
Becoming a Leader

I bought a small sheet of pegboard. I am making a Down Draft Sanding table that will sit on my work table that I will connect to my Dust Extractor. I will sand work pieces on top of the pegboard and dust will be drawn through the pegboard into the dust extractor. I will post some pictures when it is done, but here is a quick preview.
Glue up and clamping Rear Duct.jpg

Wood Working with Wayne

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects