Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What was the last thing you bought at Bunnings?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

As I'm nearing the end of our backyard games room project, I had an eclectic assortment of items in my basket during my long weekend trip to Bunnings. There was some magnets for a gate, some wood filler, some paint and a new BBQ spatula.

Looking around at the store, it seemed many people were gearing up for a big weekend of D.I.Y. and gardening projects. There was certainly a wide variety of items in shopping baskets and trolleys.  

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: What was the last thing you bought at Bunnings?

I got it to clean the shower mostly, getting it clean but it is taking a while.

A larger one would reduce the cool down cycles needed to refill the tank.
Rhys
Cultivating a Following

the last thing i bought at bunnings would be my new estwing hammer, as my first one got stolen

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's been a while since the last post on this thread. I always enjoy hearing what people recently had in their trolley. 

The last thing I bought was a leaf blower for my father-in-law's birthday. 

Jason

Well, the last thing I bought at Bunnings was:

5x tomato plants

2x cucumber seedlings

1x Nellie Kelly Passionfruit plant

2X organic garden mulch

1x Pickaxe

So, why this stuff?

Well the 5 eucalypt trees have finally been removed and now we have a westerly sun that will hekp the garden, so I delayed planting this year while my back garden looks like the Ardennes forest during the "Battle of the Bulge":grin:

Oh, the pickaxe is to help remove that last stubborn stump, which - believe it or not- had grown around a piece of rebar which nearly destoyed the stump grinder!

Next trip will be a powertool expedition

A box of 240 grit sanding finishing sheets for my orbital sander.

I’ve got a nice piece of Huon pine that I’m going to use as a height measuring chart to record my kid’s growth over the coming years. My father-in-law gave it to me. He has been holding onto it for about 40 years now. It’s about 2100x 250x10mm. It’s been through the thicknesser - a light finishing sand is all that is required now before mounting straight onto the wall in the family room. I won’t finish it with anyhthing. Will keep it natural - Huon pine smells great. We’ll record the kid’s heights straight on to the board. The natural timber will provide a nice contrast against the wall.
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

image.png

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nice one @Brad. What are your plans for it?

Jason

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Shed needs to become a pale green since the 1950's galv is suffering, I also need a fix for the weeds that grow between the shed and side fence.
BrettBuilt
Cultivating a Following

Wall tile spacers and a diamond angle grinder saw to cut my very fragile and small marble mosaic tiles..Marble is not easy to cut (without chipping the edge), but I have become quite proficient at it now.

how did you print it out.

it looks great I would love to do it.

I bought a Makita wrench attachment as I had previously bought a Makita grinder from Bunnings but the parts were not in the box and I didn't realise untill after a move north it was unpacked and I realised.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects