Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What's the worst thing you've found?

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

What's the worst thing you've found?

We all know we should get houses inspected before we buy them in case of any surprises like termite damage, but there's a scary story about home owners getting sick from previous drug activity in their home which is suggested meth tests might be next. 

What's the worst thing you've found in your home?

Alicia
Building a Reputation

Re: What's the worst thing you've found?

We had a rental property once that was a disaster. The first night we were in it there were heaps of cockroaches climbing the walls and flying across the room. We also quickly discovered it was very damp and cold. There was mould on the walls and in wardrobes. We thought the house had lots of character before we moved in, but couldn't wait to move out!

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

@Isobel wrote:

What's the worst thing you've found in your home?

Teenagers.

casper1
Growing in Experience

Not long after moving in to my current home I noticed there was always a damp musty odour in the two back bedrooms. It was winter so I thought it was just the weather, as I continually looked for damp areas without any success. When spring came the problem seemed just as bad. Outside the house the ground was always a little damp as well. I decided to do an inspection under the house to check for leaking pipes etc. After navigating the tight crawl space under the bedrooms I discovered the PVC drainpipe from the adjacent laundry had come loose at the elbow. It was discharging the waste water freely under the back of the house and what a horrible mess it made. It only took a $5 jar of PVC cement fromm Bunnings to fix the joint. The ground evenually absorbed the excess moisture and the musty smell has long gone. When discussing the situation with a neighbour, he commented that I was lucky it was only the washing machine water and not the toilet water. The mind boggles.  

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects