Workshop
Start a discussion

The Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What project do you want to tackle next?

Community Manager Jason
Community Manager

Re: Reuse of 1930s wire and pipe fence

Thanks for joining in the discussion @OldDuck. It would be great to see those photos. I'd encourage you to hit the Start a discussion button when you're ready and have the photos so you can tell us a bit more about the project, and I'm sure members will be able to provide plenty of assistance and advice.

A very warm welcome to Workshop. We're pleased you could join us and look forward to reading more about your projects and plans.

Jason

Show off your handiwork at the Workshop Gallery
Rodney
Junior Contributor

Re: What project do you want to tackle next?

Long outdoors dinning table to fit on deck near BBQ area, currently looking at ideas and designs

Kehly
Budding Contributor

Removing paspalum from our back lawn!
Highlighted
Community Manager Jason
Community Manager

Good luck with that @Kehly. Let us know if you need some tips.

Jason

Prawns
Established Contributor

My current job is fixing up the loungeroom for painting. I have no idea what im doing but have tried alot of small repairs  here and saved alot of money i guess (even though the learning curve can be steep as Im pretty clueless with everything i try lol)20181025before4.JPGTrying to get the lawn looking betterm20180812beforeafter.JPGWater damaged ceilingyard1999.JPGLawn before/after20170929_105739.jpgA basic water gurney was one of my better purchases20170404 lawn.JPGTrying to get the lawn looking respectableIMG_20190106_104001.jpgKnocked some flyscreens up yesterday just from parts from old ones I found in the shedIMG_20181231_160809.jpgMade this temporary gate last week - just to keep our dog from the back sheds as one of the back neighbours has chickens - and sometimes they end up over my fence as they roost high in a tree near the fenceline lolIMG_20181218_145325.jpgCurrent job is bogging and painting all the loungeroom windows and repainting the roomIMG_20181103_115925.jpgHad alot of heavy pruning lately as my boy got his first car so making a parking spot20181025before3.JPGHad alot to cleanup when we moved inIMG_20180926_115447.jpgtemporary fix (buried garden hose) until i dig up half the yard and figure out whats going on with the original proper irrigation systemIMG_20180909_161432.jpgBrickwork was in such bad condition I had nothing to lose by trying to cement render for the first time using my hands mainly lol. Still have to do the last coat once i buy some tools so its straighterIMG_20180730_125958.jpgStill have to replace this (I bought the wood)IMG_20180714_173931.jpgnice little mod for winter and wood cooked steaks IMG_20180703_091007.jpgLearning lots of things like stormwater pipe repair lolIMG_20180701_132955.jpgThe stormwater pipe that just "kept on giving" regards needing repairs randomly along its length20180320_115124.jpgOh how much fun is removing concrete with a hammer and a chisel hahahhah. Turns out they had poured concrete straight over a stormwater pipe and irrigation pipework as well later on which was fun to chisel around20171023_163847.jpgBefore rendering and just built that box. Biggest mistake - not putting gaps inbetween the wood panels. When it gets wet it swells up and the panels can become loose over time20170625_120230.jpgShed guttering completely rusted out and had nowhere to go anyway so now it fills a dogbowl20170410_095216.jpgfirst room I tried lots of bogwork in the walls and ceiling and windowframes where there was a big hole left from a old security shutter that no longer exists20170316_150957.jpgMy really dodgy attempt at cutting and shaping downpipe. Its harder than it looks when you have no idea like me, but it does the job just for the shedbeforeafterhome1.JPGlawn recovery /shed painting etc20170222_161139.jpgwater gurney was great for cleaning this up ready for paint

Community Manager Jason
Community Manager

Looks like you've been very busy @Prawns. Good on you for giving so many projects a crack for the first time. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand with a job.

Jason

Prawns
Established Contributor

@JasonYeah cheers - Some stuff (like gyprock bogwork) Ive gotten much better with over time to the point I think I'll have to redo some of my earlier work now though as Im becoming critical of my earlier work hahahhaha (my works still not great, but it has improved I guess, cant afford tradesman so its either have a crack - or put up with it hahahahha)

Wished I had known about this place earlier reckon I could of avoided some dumb "noob" mistakes I made by asking for advice first (like the x10 coats of paint the first windowsill took as I didnt put a sealer down /sand first and oils kept coming through the paint hahahahha oops live n learn)

Why join the Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects