Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What project do you want to tackle next?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What project do you want to tackle next?

Many people have long lists of projects they would love to tackle around the house and garden.

We'd love to hear from you about the one project you want to get stuck into next. 

Let us know by replying below.

I'm sure the rest of the Workshop community will be more than happy to give you some advice and help along the way. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Reuse of 1930s wire and pipe fence

Thanks for joining in the discussion @OldDuck. It would be great to see those photos. I'd encourage you to hit the Start a discussion button when you're ready and have the photos so you can tell us a bit more about the project, and I'm sure members will be able to provide plenty of assistance and advice.

A very warm welcome to Workshop. We're pleased you could join us and look forward to reading more about your projects and plans.

Jason

Rodney
Having an Impact

Re: What project do you want to tackle next?

Long outdoors dinning table to fit on deck near BBQ area, currently looking at ideas and designs

Kehly
Getting Established

Removing paspalum from our back lawn!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good luck with that @Kehly. Let us know if you need some tips.

Jason

Prawns
Becoming a Leader

My current job is fixing up the loungeroom for painting. I have no idea what im doing but have tried alot of small repairs  here and saved alot of money i guess (even though the learning curve can be steep as Im pretty clueless with everything i try lol)Trying to get the lawn looking betterTrying to get the lawn looking bettermWater damaged ceilingWater damaged ceilingLawn before/afterLawn before/afterA basic water gurney was one of my better purchasesA basic water gurney was one of my better purchasesTrying to get the lawn looking respectableTrying to get the lawn looking respectableKnocked some flyscreens up yesterday just from parts from old ones I found in the shedKnocked some flyscreens up yesterday just from parts from old ones I found in the shedMade this temporary gate last week - just to keep our dog from the back sheds as one of the back neighbours has chickens - and sometimes they end up over my fence as they roost high in a tree near the fenceline lolMade this temporary gate last week - just to keep our dog from the back sheds as one of the back neighbours has chickens - and sometimes they end up over my fence as they roost high in a tree near the fenceline lolCurrent job is bogging and painting all the loungeroom windows and repainting the roomCurrent job is bogging and painting all the loungeroom windows and repainting the roomHad alot of heavy pruning lately as my boy got his first car so making a parking spotHad alot of heavy pruning lately as my boy got his first car so making a parking spotHad alot to cleanup when we moved inHad alot to cleanup when we moved intemporary fix (buried garden hose) until i dig up half the yard and figure out whats going on with the original proper irrigation systemtemporary fix (buried garden hose) until i dig up half the yard and figure out whats going on with the original proper irrigation systemBrickwork was in such bad condition I had nothing to lose by trying to cement render for the first time using my hands mainly lol. Still have to do the last coat once i buy some tools so its straighterBrickwork was in such bad condition I had nothing to lose by trying to cement render for the first time using my hands mainly lol. Still have to do the last coat once i buy some tools so its straighterStill have to replace this (I bought the wood)Still have to replace this (I bought the wood)nice little mod for winter and wood cooked steaks :)nice little mod for winter and wood cooked steaks :smile:Learning lots of things like stormwater pipe repair lolLearning lots of things like stormwater pipe repair lolThe stormwater pipe that just "kept on giving" regards needing repairs randomly along its lengthThe stormwater pipe that just "kept on giving" regards needing repairs randomly along its lengthOh how much fun is removing concrete with a hammer and a chisel hahahhah. Turns out they had poured concrete straight over a stormwater pipe and irrigation pipework as well later on which was fun to chisel aroundOh how much fun is removing concrete with a hammer and a chisel hahahhah. Turns out they had poured concrete straight over a stormwater pipe and irrigation pipework as well later on which was fun to chisel aroundBefore rendering and just built that box. Biggest mistake - not putting gaps inbetween the wood panels. When it gets wet it swells up and the panels can become loose over timeBefore rendering and just built that box. Biggest mistake - not putting gaps inbetween the wood panels. When it gets wet it swells up and the panels can become loose over timeShed guttering completely rusted out and had nowhere to go anyway so now it fills a dogbowlShed guttering completely rusted out and had nowhere to go anyway so now it fills a dogbowlfirst room I tried lots of bogwork in the walls and ceiling and windowframes where there was a big hole left from a old security shutter that no longer existsfirst room I tried lots of bogwork in the walls and ceiling and windowframes where there was a big hole left from a old security shutter that no longer existsMy really dodgy attempt at cutting and shaping downpipe. Its harder than it looks when you have no idea like me, but it does the job just for the shedMy really dodgy attempt at cutting and shaping downpipe. Its harder than it looks when you have no idea like me, but it does the job just for the shedlawn recovery /shed painting etclawn recovery /shed painting etcwater gurney was great for cleaning this up ready for paintwater gurney was great for cleaning this up ready for paint

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Looks like you've been very busy @Prawns. Good on you for giving so many projects a crack for the first time. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand with a job.

Jason

Prawns
Becoming a Leader

@JasonYeah cheers - Some stuff (like gyprock bogwork) Ive gotten much better with over time to the point I think I'll have to redo some of my earlier work now though as Im becoming critical of my earlier work hahahhaha (my works still not great, but it has improved I guess, cant afford tradesman so its either have a crack - or put up with it hahahahha)

Wished I had known about this place earlier reckon I could of avoided some dumb "noob" mistakes I made by asking for advice first (like the x10 coats of paint the first windowsill took as I didnt put a sealer down /sand first and oils kept coming through the paint hahahahha oops live n learn)

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

I'd love to hear a bit more about what is on everyone's 'to do' lists.

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
larnywolflubke
Getting Established

After finishing a dog pen for my pets at the back off the back verandah as well as put a shed together using wooden beams inside to structurely make the shed stronger an not so easy to be broken into.... 

I now need to figure out and  finish the flooring inside the shed to stop the grass from growing inside as well as to stop the ground being damp while its raining..... Its a hothouse inside at the moment because of this issue.

The other project i want to do this year is a graveyard / cemetary theme outfront for Halloween. Now i need to figure out possibilies of thieves an how to deter them as well as taking into account what the weather will be like. Also as its my 1st display this year.... Where do i start??? 

Hey @larnywolflubke,

Great to have you join the Bunnings Workshop community. 

For your shed project, make sure you check our guide How to install a shed floor by one of our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts in Mitch.  

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects