Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What project do you want to tackle next?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What project do you want to tackle next?

Many people have long lists of projects they would love to tackle around the house and garden.

We'd love to hear from you about the one project you want to get stuck into next. 

Let us know by replying below.

I'm sure the rest of the Workshop community will be more than happy to give you some advice and help along the way. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
LePallet
Amassing an Audience

Re: What project do you want to tackle next?

I had and idea they might of buy wasn’t sure. Thanks for letting me know :smile: I will post once I’ve made them @Isobel

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with @LePallet.

Jason

Dragonshair
Getting Established

Many years ago, one of my neighbours in Newtown ripped up some old lino in the kitchen.

Underneath, they found a weekend edition of the Sydney Morning Herald dated just after the bombing of Pearl Harbour.  It had a map of the bomb shelters located around the Sydney CBD.

That reminds me of some of the newspapers I found when tidying up under the house @Dragonshair.

See https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Interiors/The-things-you-find-when-renovating/m-p/3052#M594

Jason

kel
Making a Splash

lately,i have just been playing on the scrolllsaw,but i was recently given an antique couch with 2 armchairs that were headed to the tip.so i have decided to restore them.this is going to be one of those slow and steady projects that will be done in between other projects,so it could take a fair while.i know i could jump on the power tools to speed things up but this project deserves to be done manually,so i have a lot of sanding to do ,so let the fun begin.
cheers kel

Hi @kel

Very interested in your antique furniture restoration project! Are you restoring them to their former glory or heading to a more modern look? I also have an old furniture set (couch and chairs) I want to revamp and spread them throughout the house as "statement" pieces. Not sure where to start though. 

Please let me know how it goes!

Kay

Hi,@kay

at this stage i am not sure about the finish that i will do,usually my wife and i have very different ideas how the end product will look. At the moment i have got one seat completely stripped back and the other is about half done. Haven’t touched the couch yet. I have recently done a table, which jas come up good. Cjeers kel9D695953-12E9-4FA3-AA7D-B8CCEF549EC7.jpeg

C8DB88BA-ED7B-4A30-BDD6-AB0AE47B60E3.jpeg

@kel

Love the style of the furniture! Do you upholster it yourself or outsource it? I know it can be quite expensive to reupholster furniture, so I was considering doing it myself. Not sure how hard that would be though considering I have never done it before. 

The table also looks great! What did you use to get the glossy finish? We recently scratched our bedside table and are considering painting the top again, but not sure what to use for the glossy shine.

Good luck with the rest of your furniture as well! Keep me posted with any updates :smile:

Kay

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Next, and hopefully it's this wknd, I'm replacing a vertical strip of feature tiles in my ensuite shower with some mosaic marble squares and replacing the splashback in the ensuite with some mosaic pennyrounds. Just a bit of 'freshening up' in prep for selling later in the year.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

hi kay,the  lounge set ,i will eventually recover it myself.as for the table,i used a wipe-on poly(from bunnings),i applied 3 coats,then i just lightly sanded and applied another coat,i did this for a further 3 coats then sanded and applied a final coat of poly with a brush.i intend to give it a final sanding with wet'n'dry sandpaper then applied polish and buff it.that should result in a glass like finish.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects