Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What household chore do you hate the most?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

We've done a lot of cleaning lately at our place, but nothing stays clean for long. There's dust everywhere from the building site in the backyard. It feels like everything is dirty again just hours after we've finished cleaning.

It's just as well I don't mind vacuuming. But all the constant cleaning has made me wonder about what household chores I really don't like. It's a long list, but I think my least favourite is cleaning grout in the bathroom.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
greygardener
Becoming a Leader

Re: What household chore do you hate the most?

I hate cleaning the blinds. 

RenoQueen
Making a Splash

Trying to clean plaster dust when renovating is a nightmare. It really gets everywhere. 

But for day to day chores, I really hate ironing. It is so boring. 

WisteriaLane
Cultivating a Following

Arranging the 8 pillows on my bed in a symmetric manner 

Ajmod
Building a Reputation

Cleaning the bathroom and shower in particular has to be my most dreaded chore. Soap scum and water marks on the glass doors is my pet hate! I try to mimise this throughout the week by using a squeegee to remove excess water off the screen after every shower which does help, but its still my most dreaded chore on a Saturday morning! 

kaylah_rose
Making a Splash

Cleaning the toilet. Just the thought of hanging around the toilet more than I need to bothers me. 

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

I cannot imagine anyone who enjoys cleaning the toilet. It makes me a little surprised when I see houses with more toilets and bathrooms than people who live there. Who wants to be endlessly cleaning? 

Kellie
Making a Splash

Dusting would have to be at the top of my list. As soon as you are finished it's time to start again. It never, ever ends.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's official - dusting is the household chore that more Workshop members hate than anything else.

Dusting was rated the most hated chore by 36 percent of Workshop members in our recent poll, followed by doing the dishes with 27 percent of the vote.

Here's the full results of last week's poll:

Chores.png

Feel free to keep the discussion going by replying below.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
_Marley_
Building a Reputation

Yeah dusting is the worst. As soon as you're finished it seems like you need to start again.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects