Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What do you love most about your home or garden?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

I love the kitchen and family room at our place.

We renovated about 10 years ago and it's a really functional and comfortable space, and still looks great.

But I especially love it when friends and family come over, like at the weekend when we celebrated some family birthdays. People just naturally gravitate to hanging around the island bench, sharing food, drink, stories and plenty of laughs. 

Jason

KitchenFamily.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
dani2526
Cultivating a Following

Re: What do you love most about your home or garden?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I love our view, space, chickens and sunsets  

JoshRaf
Building a Reputation

I love living in a big city but at the same time I like my nature so my balcony garden gives me the best of both worlds. Definitely the best part about my home
https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Garden/Who-says-you-can-t-have-a-garden-in-a-city-apartment-Pt-1/td-p...
Wally102
Getting Established

I Love the split open house design as My wife and I enjoy living at the rear of the house in our own entertaining/home theater area while my mother enjoys the front lounge so we as a family can do and watch what each other likes without standing over or fighting with what shows to watch at night :smile: only issue is the conflicting TV volumes which one day I would like to tackle with some non evasive sound deadening (as my mother is going slightly deaf!)
The house and yards need a bit of upgrading to make things easier for mum to walk around with more ease!

Currently it'd be my pool area. In the new house I dare say it'll be the pool area and backyard in general as it'll be a pretty big upgrade :smile:
----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Prawns
Becoming a Leader

Its really not flash looking - but I love my mancave/Shed #1 and seem to spend more time in it than in the house even though it gets stinking hot in here hahahaha. Maybe eventually I'll gyprock it but I kinda like the exposed walls aka "built in shelving" hahaha. Its got the basics like a fridge/sink/convection microwave and fishing gear to muck around with while my fishing tv shows are on tv lolIMG_20190105_111220.jpgIMG_20190105_111520.jpgIMG_20190105_111902.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

This old discussion has had a lot of views, but not a lot of comments lately. Let's fire it up again. 

Let me tag @prettyliving and @Aussie-Garden to kick it off again. What do you love most about your home or garden?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I haven't seen this discussion before. Thanks @Jason 

First of all, far out @Prawns. My family would never see me if I had that man cave. Nice one. 👍

Haven't looked at the rest of the discussion yet, so keen to do that after this.

We had this house built 2.5 years ago and was the 3rd time we had a house built to live in, so we really feel like we got it right this time.

What I mean by that is that with the previous houses, we should have put a power point somewhere or we should have spent the extra on double glazing, that kind of thing.

This time around, we were pretty thorough, as it's our forever home.

The thing I like most, is our location.

We are just outside a small country town that gets a bit of tourism and we are on a massive  inland island and the small drive from town to here is quite nice as it's along the water, with bush on the other side.

Our block backs onto a forest and National Park, so we see and a hear a large number of wildlife and because we are close to the water, we get water birds like Pelicans too.

One day I was turning the compost at the back fence and I looked up to see and Emu looking at me. That was very cool.

It's a fantastic place to bring up the family. Having worked in suburban Melbourne for 20 years, it's a great change and feels like another world up here.

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Thanks for the tag @Jason 

The thing I love most about our home is that it is easy maintenance. All our gardens have easy to care for plants and inside our home we have a lot of storage and a spot for everything which makes keeping things organised & clean a lot easier. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects