Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What did you do over the weekend?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What did you do over the weekend?

Hi everyone,

Every Monday I'm keen to hear what you got up to over the weekend.

It might have been starting a new project, getting stuck into some gardening, hosting a cracking BBQ, catching a new movie, getting some exercise, catching up with friends and family, or just relaxing with a good book.

Please share in the discussion below. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: What did you do over the weekend?

Made a start on one of the garden beds in my front yard. Rusty edging from Bunnings as we just wanted a low profile.

Doing some more in another section but have sourced a taller profile from StraightCurve.

Picked up these great Pineapple Express from Bunnings too actually.  Great colouration, nice and hardy.

20191015_072506.jpg

This front yard is about to transform!

20190929_104248.jpg

20190929_104240.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Bit of gardening but the weather was rubbish. 

Finished this composite decking for my friend/customer https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Outdoor/Poolside-composite-decking/m-p/32476#M4419 and acquired/planted two new Dragon trees https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Garden/Show-us-your-Dragon-trees/m-p/32482#M3394

Also waterproofed my planter boxes, started painting and filled one with soil. Will finish painting after work during the week and have them filled by the weekend ready for planting.
----------
Handy and helpful

Started moving the grass on Saturday in bright sunshine, by the time I was finished I was getting hailed on...

🌞🌤🌥️🌦

Enjoyed the beautiful (hot) weather that graced Perth and made progress on my front yard - painting, mulching and the part I'm most excited about, my decking.20191027_165548.jpg

Also picked up these new guys.

20191024_192318.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Repairing Carp Flip Flops...

Shoe glue did fix them.

Fixed a leaking toilet cistern.

Researched Dulux Snapshot.

"Do you know there is a hole in your wall." "Ah you noticed it, you can fix that too." Also noticed the scrape the offending hospital style bed put in the wall as well.

Fixed 2 dining chairs with chair glue 1 to go that needs some major work.

image.png

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Did lots of prep work on our bathroom, which is in desperate need of repainting. We've also had some mould issues so I wanted to make sure we got rid of all the spores. Hoping to start painting this week. 

Jason

Father in-law is down from QLD and is quite the handyman, so we got stuck into a few projects...

* Started building a 4X2 deck to extend out from the alfresco. Deck is down and uprights are cemented in for fencing on 3 sides.
* Converted privacy slat fence between the house and side fence to a twin gate, using existing fencing.
* Added to kid's existing Copper Log climbing platform, monkey bars and swings with a new platform to sit on and cemented in more Copper Log uprights and cross posts for another swing and hammock.

Was going to take photos, but we were pretty flat out and today (Sunday) was so hot.
42 degrees Monday, so I'm catching up on all those streaming services we pay for and leaving the yard for another day. :smile:

Had a big tidy up inside and outside the house on Saturday, including giving the deck a scrub. Bit more gardening on Sunday morning and adding some more additions to the backyard watering system for the summer.

Jason

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Fell for the put my shed together for me please advert.
Ordered with 450mm footings that he now doesn't want.
He didn't say it fits between the house and the side fence.
I found out it doesn't fit. "You can fix it though?"
I should of locked in fit a lock for $80 instead.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects