Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What annoys you most about your house?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

As much as we love our houses, and work hard to make constant improvements, there always seems more to be done. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Re: What annoys you most about your house?

We installed timber bifold doors when we did our renovation. They continually expand and contract with the changing whether, so they are either ridiculously hard to shut or have a gaping hole that lets the breeze in. They look great but I wish we had gone with aluminium doors. 

Goldmember
Having an Impact

In hot weather the bedrooms get unbearable. Sometimes we even have to sleep in the living room where the air con is.

Darren
Making a Splash

All the bits we haven't renovated! We've found that every time we improve one area of our home then the room or space next to the recently renovated space looks terrible and then we have to fix that... It's a never-ending cycle! At the moment I've got my eye on our back room, the combination of exposed brick, poo brown tiles and mission brown trims is making me reach for my paint brush...

KingStreetReno
Making a Splash

We have a bit of a draught in our dining room...

This will be our new bathroom when we renovate - the current floorboards are all being ripped up (lots of dry rot) and we are restumping.

Hole in floor.jpg

kaylah_rose
Making a Splash

Storage space!

I am constantly just planting things around the house randomly in the hope that they fit. At the moment our house is a maze full of things that are in places that do not make sense. For example our tools and garage bits and pieces are in our spare bedroom.

We are working on it though! A shed is the first thing we need to get. 

You can certainly never have enough storage space @kaylah_rose.

And squeaky floorboards also really annoy me. 

aly
Making a Splash

I've rented quite a few houses/apartments over the years and there's always something that seems like it could use some improvement!

The first apartment I rented had poorly scatterely down lights that really didn't provide enough light around the place. It also had no ventilation so cooking smells would often linger for days.

Another place had a big open shower with only a small glass screen to enclose it which meant that most of the water just sprayed past the screen and out around the toilet and vanity.

The heating and cooling in our current place is probably the biggest thing! It's either way too hot in the summer or way too cold in the winter and we only have a split system in the living room so the rest of the house suffers!

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Light switches in walk in robe, walk in pantry and walking linen closet are too far in from the edge of the doorway (inside) so we have to reach right in to get it. Something I missed din the design when building...

Also,the plaster jobs was pretty terrible so have had to do a lot of touch ups and cover ups.
----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
boris
Building a Reputation

Jason,

Water damage is definately the thing that I hate most about our new place. We have a lightwell and the only way to fix it is to cap it with a laser light solution. Not sure if this is  D.I.Y. job thouh

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects