Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Water seepage under garage floor

ph47
Just Starting Out

Water seepage under garage floor

I have a problem with water under the garage floor. The floor is concrete and always cold. the walls are lined and the problem was not noticeable when I had a floating floor which I removed when the garage flooded recently.  I suspect that part of defence against moisture was the foil topped underlay.  Can I put a similar underlay under a hybrid floor?  The hybrid I have chosen has its own underlay and so underlay is not normally required but I am inclined to use it.  Should that present any problems?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Water seepage under garage floor

Hi @ph47,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're really pleased to have you join us and trust our ever-helpful members can assist with this project as well as many others to come around the house and garden in future. 

Some photos might assist members to see what you are working with and suggest a course of action. Please let me know if you need a hand uploading some. It might also help if you could please let us know the specific product you have chosen for your flooring. And where is the water coming from? Is there a drainage issue that you need to tackle first?

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects