Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

The Block 2017

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

The Block 2017

Anyone interested in the new series of The Block? It starts Sunday. For those that have missed the publicity, this time they are renovating period homes, which should be easier for most people to relate to than high rise apartments. The couples have apparently been encouraged to keep the heritage facades and period details while modernising. I like seeing what they do with the places, but find that the show over-eggs the "drama" and conflict. 

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Re: The Block 2017

Love the "swimming pool" bath.

SwimmingPoolBath.jpg

For those who didn't see it, there's a good summary of all the bathrooms from judge Darren Palmer here - https://www.domain.com.au/news/the-block-2017-darren-palmer-on-bathroom-trends-tricks-and-why-josh-a...

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

The grey makes my mothers choice of lavender in 1980 look not so bad now, still got to get rid of the wallpaper though.
Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Congrats to the winners. Anyone who wants to pay me over half a mill for a few months work should send me a PM!

I was surprised all the houses sold - I thought it was going to be a stretch selling five very similar family houses in the same area for a huge amount of money - much more than the typical price of the area. 

Parks
Growing in Experience

Yes, deserved winners in my opinion.

However, I was slightly surprised houses 2 & 4 didn't go a bit higher... even though they're already very high prices! :smile:

but seeing that your neighbour's property & land is >$3Mil, whoever bought those would be laughing!

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Has anyone in the Workshop community ever thought about applying to be on the show?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects