Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Table made from pallet timber

Demo
Having an Impact

Table made from pallet timber

IMG_0275.jpeg

AnitaH25
Having an Impact

Re: Table made from pallet timber

Very nice looks sturdy.

recliner1066
Getting Established

Looks good. Where do you get your pallet timber from ?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @recliner1066,

There's a lot of discussion about how to obtain timber pallets in this popular discussion - Pallet D.I.Y. projects

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Old-gal24
Becoming a Leader

@Demo   What a lovely out door table.  You should go into business, making them for those of us that can't...  ha ha  Would love to see anything else you have made...

this old gal 

HVH
Finding My Feet

I would love to see some detail on how the joinery is done in this. Any possible of seeing more detail.

HVH

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @HVH. It's wonderful to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Let me mention @Demo to see if they could provide additional details about the joinery used.

I trust that if you had any particular questions in regards to joinery techniques then our woodworking enthusiasts would be more than happy to provide some recommendations.

Were you thinking of building something like this? We'd encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance or would like to share your project with us. I'm sure you'll find loads of inspiration within the community as our creative members are posting their projects here all the time.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Mitchell,

Definitely would consider making one, I am very interested in the table top construction. I have put a few pieces of Pallet furniture, nothing as spectacular as that. I have access to a lot of pallets and it seems the natural thing to do.

Demo
Having an Impact

Hi @HVH, there's nothing elaborate about it, I have no carpentry skills whatsoever and pretty much made up the design as I went along. I used a compound mitre saw to cut the timber and a Joiner-Jig for corner joints and joining two straight pieces of timber together (the table length beam is two pieces joined end to end).  I find that the Joiner-Jig does give very strong joints.  I made the table frame with cross beams to attach the tabletop slats to.  I attached the tabletop slats to the frame from underneath so you can't see any screws.  Once the table frame was completed, I attached the cross braces between the legs and the frame.  The cross braces were just scrap-timber with 45-degree angle cuts at each end.  just make sure the legs are square to the frame when attaching the cross braces, if you've got the 45-degree angles right the squaring up should be easy.  Hope this helps.  Demo

HVH
Finding My Feet

@Demo,

Thanks for your response. Sorry I took so long. Is it possible to have a photograph from underneath to see how the joins on the table slats works. That still confuses me, I am pretty simple-minded with Carpentry and joinery tks

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects