Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Supporting each other and sharing knowledge

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Supporting each other and sharing knowledge

MoonshineBen.png

Workshop community update #39

Hi all,

It’s fantastic to see so many new community members join us on Workshop this week. Welcome aboard. I’m confident that you’ll find plenty of like-minded people here in the community, and be inspired by loads of great projects and useful information. Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site.

With the influx of new members, there’s been plenty of interesting discussions and projects shared this week. We really appreciate everyone posting, and encourage all community members to join in the discussions regardless of their knowledge, experience or level of expertise. Everyone has to start from somewhere…

Moonshine Ben is a great example. @MoonshineBen's barbecue flame was first ignited about three years when tasting beef brisket for the first time, and his skills since then have since been largely self-taught.

Ben says he has “always been a big fan of online communities” and was drawn to Workshop for the opportunity to both share and learn. “I love to share what I know and learn from others. The thing you will notice about the barbecue community in general is how willing everyone is to support each other and share knowledge.” That’s certainly our mantra here on Workshop.

Some of the most popular posts on Workshop from the past week included:

Some Workshop members are still looking for assistance. Do you have any expertise you could share about cutting fibre cement board for @Prof, installing composite decking for @EmmaBourke or  building a high table for @jameshunter15?

Meanwhile on the Gallery, don’t miss @robchin's new tree branch mirror, @Juliapinkiepie’s beautiful camellia  and potted succulents, and @Alicia’s budding blueberries.

Please contribute to our latest poll about what room in your house most desperately needs a makeover. Earlier in the week, our poll about artificial grass found two out of every three community members suggested they would consider installing synthetic turf in their garden.

Our top contributors to Workshop over the past week were @AndrewJones, @greygardener, @She_Skills, @bergs and @Juliapinkiepie. Many thanks for your fantastic contribution.

Thanks again for joining in the discussion on Workshop. I’m looking forward to seeing your next post.

Jason

Community Manager

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects