Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Stair case handrail

eriktank
Cultivating a Following

Stair case handrail

Hi Everyone,  so my latest project was making a 2 rustic handrails for our home. Originally out home had a wooden handrail with galvanised supports.

Please excuse the gyprock damage and holes from the old handrail..😊

The handrail i made is 25mm galvanised pressure pipe from the plumbing section.

The large staircase are ×2 1800mm×25mm galvanised pressure pipe with a joiner and two end caps to finish it.

The smaller staircase is ×1 1800mm×25mm gal pressure pipe

20200604_155235.jpg

They are supported by flush mount handrail brackets from bunnings. 

The pipe is painted in matt black and the joiner, end caps and handrail supports are painted in copper hammer tone.

Its a great alternative and best of all it was pretty cheap and looks awesome...well to me anyway.  

Enjoy.👌🏽👌🏽

20200603_201937.jpg

20200603_202013.jpg

  

20200603_201913.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Stair case handrail

Looks terrific @eriktank. Well done and many thanks for sharing. 

Great to see you back on the site. Your wall mounted TV unit has proved very popular with the community! Looking forward to seeing what you tackle next.

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
stev
Just Starting Out

Hi looks great where did you get the bent bracket that goes from the wall plate to the handrail, cheers 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @stev. It's sensational to have you join us and pleasing to see you've taken inspiration from this project.

Let me mention @eriktank to see if they can answer your question. I'd suggest there is a reasonable chance that they are these Carinya Curved Handrail Brackets as they appear very similar.

Please let us know if you need a hand with your project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Afternoon @eriktank 

Loving that handrail! Something about the black and copper really draws the eyes. It works well with your timber staircase. 

That join in the middle I really like. It makes it look retro/steampunk and modern all in one go.

Nice work.

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects