Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Removal of wall mounted air con

Mela18
Getting Established

Removal of wall mounted air con

Any tips on how I got about removing this wall mounted air con? We recently ought this house and it is surplus to our needs and taking up precious room in a small master bedroom. Any advice appreciated!

UnitUnit

Connected to interior wallConnected to interior wall

ExteriorExterior

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Removal of wall mounted air con

Hi @Mela18,

Welcome to Workshop. It's great to have you join us at this exciting time for you. Congratulations on the new house. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have a new project to share. We have loads of helpful members who are only too happy to share their knowledge and experience with others. And please let me know if you ever need assistance getting the most from the site or have any feedback about how we can make Workshop even more useful for you.

Now I'll hand over to the community to provide suggestions for you...

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Looks pretty straightforward @Mela18 because as far as I can tell from your photos it is not wired in. So all you'd have to do is remove the internal unit and patch the hole. You might even leave the external unit there...

Mela18
Getting Established

@MartyH thanks for your reply! I think it may be wired in as can’t remove these cords (see pic

B88FCBB6-711C-42C1-ACD5-75EA748DBFAA.jpeg

Mela18
Getting Established

Thank you so much, Jason! ☺️

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Looks like a refrigerant gas hose has been brazed in which is a job for a refrigeration mechanic to drain the gas and disconnect.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects