Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ozito Brushless or Brushed Drills? Best option?

lv80
Just Starting Out

Ozito Brushless or Brushed Drills? Best option?

So just wondering if there is a noticeable and valuable difference in power and battery life with the X series ozito drills?
Any thoughts greatly appreciated as my old corded drill finally died and considering the plunge into cordless.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ozito Brushless or Brushed Drills? Best option?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @lv80. It's great to have you join us. 

Many thanks for your question, I'd be pleased to offer some assistance. The PXC series is the current range of Ozito's drills within our stores. Within that range, there are brushless varieties and these certainly have a valuable difference in power and battery life compared to older models and the non-brushless drills. If you compare the Ozito PXC18v Drill Driver Skin Only to the Ozito PXC 18v Brushless Drill Driver Skin Only you'll notice the brushless variety packs an extra 15Nm of torque, a metal ratcheting keyless chuck and its motor technology eliminates friction and wear for more efficient drilling and battery life.

Let me mention a few helpful members who have potentially used some of Ozito's cordless drills @garrylawson3073, @TheSaltyreefer and @Briggsy to see if they would like to join the discussion.

Please let me know if you would like further information or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JDE
Becoming a Leader

Brushless is definitely the way to go given a choice. JDE

Briggsy
Building a Reputation

As others have said Brushless is the way to go, less wear and tear, easier on the batteries, more power and in the Ozito range not significantly dearer

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Brushless FTW! Definitely worth the extra investment whichever brand you go for. You'll get more life out of them and I notice improved runtime also (I use Makita and DeWalt).

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
JDEpicgamer1
Just Starting Out

(MY OPINION/S)

I was told that Brushed motors have a "brushed" action, whereas brushless has a different way of doing it.

(FACT/S)

The main difference between brushless or brushed drill motors is that the brushed variants are made of carbon while the brushless units use magnets to generate power. For this reason, brushless motors are better adapted, generate no friction, produce less heating and provide better performance.

Credit

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects