Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Our new Project Gallery

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Our new Project Gallery

Many thanks to all community members who have recently provided feedback about their experiences on the Workshop site. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Some of you have mentioned that we could make it easier to make posts on the site, while others have said that it could be easier to find what you need. 

One change we'll be making very soon is to create a new Project Gallery and retire our current gallery. We understand that it's not always clear whether to share your project on a discussion board or the gallery, so we are simplifying the posting experience while creating a great new space for browsing. 

Our new Project Gallery will be a curated selection of the best projects shared on Workshop. It will be a fantastic place to browse for project ideas and inspiration. We are confident you will love it and will continue to work on other improvements to ensure Workshop is even more useful to you. 

Thanks again for all the community feedback that has driven this change. If you have any questions, concerns or feedback, feel free to reach out anytime. 

Jason

ProjectGallery.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Re: Coming soon - a new Project Gallery

@Jason look forward to seeing the new gallery and format!

Awesome to see Workshop acting on Community feedback.

It's one thing to create a site, but for the community to be actively part of building on its functionality is a terrific step forward. Welldone.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Our new Project Gallery

Hi all, 

The new Project Gallery is now live. 

Your feedback would be very welcome.

Congratulations to all members who have projects featured in the new Gallery.

Jason

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi Jason.

If I click on "Workshop" I get 12 projects displayed.

Below this you can click on "Get More" - and another 12 projects will appear.

etc.

Lets say I load 36 projects and click the 36th one - and look at the thread.

Once finished looking - if I click back it defaults to the original 12 projects.

So you have to start again - and click "Get More" till you were where you left.

Dunno if that makes sense - but is there are better way of doing this, without having to constantly reload?

Or am I navigating incorrectly?

Cheers

Graeme.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Graeme (@Noyade

There's loads of different ways to browse. I take it you are referring to browsing the latest posts on the homepage? The homepage is ordered by discussions which have had the most recent activity on them. If you're on a PC and browsing this way, I suggest you right click on the post you want to open, then select to open it in a new tab. That way when you are finished reading the post, you can go instantly go back to where you had scrolled down to.

You can do the same thing on our new Project Gallery - https://www.workshop.com.au/gallery - and on the gallery you can refine your display to showing the most popular or the most recent first, as well as only showing projects with a particular label, such as Renovation or Landscaping. 

I'll also give you a few more sneaky ways to browse posts that you might like to bookmark:

https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/tab/message

This view shows you the most recent posts that you personally haven't read (you must be signed in)

https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/thread/interaction-style/forum

This view shows you the most recent discussion topics that have been started

https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/forums/recentpostspage

This view shows you all the most recent posts that have been made across all Workshop discussions

You can obviously also browse individuals boards like Kitchen or Garden, or choose to Browse by Topic, or perform a combination of both.

Hope that helps. Please feel free to give me a shout anytime you need a hand.

Jason

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Many thanks Jason! 😊

That works better!

I'm not a smart man with the computer.

Cheers

Graeme.

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@Jason I'm thinking I might need to bookmark those links, they'll come in handy.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Graeme (@Noyade

Just wanted to let you know that based on your comments as well as feedback from other members we have improved browsing on the site. Now the site will remember how many times you click on the Load more button so that when you click on a project or discussion and then return to browsing you can get straight back to where you were up to. Hope you now find the site more convenient to browse.

Feel free to get in touch anytime you need a hand getting the most from Workshop. Thanks again for your feedback. 

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects