Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Keyless entry suggestions

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Keyless entry suggestions

As part of the greater plan of a Smart Home for the new house I'm looking for keyless entry on the front door along with the other great features of the Lockwood Z-Wave.

zwave.jpg

Does anyone have one of these or similar? Do you find them reliable? Any in particular you'd recommend?

TIA

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Re: Keyless entry feedback/suggestions

These look nifty @ProjectPete - https://www.bunnings.com.au/samsung-smart-push-pull-digital-door-lock-rfid-reader_p4220500 - I like the idea of the push/pull handle, especially being able to open the door when your hands are full. Our neighbour recently installed a different Samsung model and is happy with it. 

@ProjectPete - I have a couple of Whitco Digital Leversets (https://www.bunnings.com.au/whitco-black-left-hand-leverset-digital-deadlatch_p4091323) installed - I've been very happy with them. 

However we've changed a lot of the door hardware throughout the house and the black hardware doesn't quite suit the rest of the house so I'm starting to take a look at these Yale Assure Locks that are coming to market here in Australia soon. 

https://www.yalehome.com/en/yale/yalehome/residential/yale-real-living/assure-lock/yrl-assurelock-bl...

I'll give you a review once I get the new units installed.

@MartyH I prefer the handle too.  This works in tandem with whatever handle you like. Its just a smart deadbolt - keypad, control from smartphone, etc

----------
Handy and helpful

I like the look of those @maknilsin although def want to have a key override and would be great to hear what you think of them.

----------
Handy and helpful

@ProjectPete the Whitco handles I currently have installed have a key override - you can slide the face plate off the handle and there is a standard lock hiding there. 

The Assure Lock which I'm thinking of getting forgoes the need for a backup keyed lock by having a terminal below the lock with a 9V contact point so if you ever get truly locked out you just keep a 9V battery in your car and you can power up the lock again.

MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Another alternative...

@MartyH - that's the AssureLock I mentioned! Interesting to see that Amazon has gone with them for this offer.

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

How does everyone feel about Amazon Key?

Whilst consumers are showing a they're willing to relinquish a certain level of privacy for convenience, I feel this initiative raises a few too many privacy and security concerns.

----------
Handy and helpful

Exactly what I thought @ProjectPete. I would not allow access to my house to couriers. I can't imagine many people would. 

I thought the Pakman parcel box had promise, it's a shame it has been discontinued. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects