Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Is Makita, Dewalt or Bosch better?

Ghughes
Finding My Feet

Is Makita, Dewalt or Bosch better?

Which brand of tools is better? I can't decide whether to buy Makita, Dewalt or Bosch. MOney isn't an issue I just want the best.

BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

Re: Is Makita, Dewalt or Bosch better?

I only Recommend and Use BOSCH cordless tools

from Analysis, Design,Setout to Build..hth

Bosch CHX.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Ghughes,

Welcome to Workshop. I'm sure our community members will be happy to share their opinions with you. Could you please provide more specific detail about what kind of tools you use and want to buy? It will help other members make more specific recommendations for you, and of course benefit other readers in a similar situation. 

Thanks for joining in the discussion on the site. We look forward to reading about your projects and plans. Feel free to post whenever you need assistance or have something to share. And please let me know if you ever have any feedback about how we can improve Workshop for you.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

+1 Bosch

My choice was made on what I wanted to do and what tools were avaiable in the range that fitted that need. There are gaps which have been filled by Ryobi as nice to have but not core tools.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

I should have also added before that visitors to this post might be interested in these previous discussions:

The great power tools debate begun by @JoshRaf 

Battery or corded tools? kicked off by @ProjectPete 

What tools does a beginner need? started by @Kellie 

Looking forward to seeing other members thoughts. Keep the posts coming!

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

I'm a big fan of Makita for their quality, range and value for money. I have some Ryobi gear for my 'one-off' tools so the money doesn't go to waste. A tradie mate of mine sticks with Bosch but most I know use Makita too.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

My advice here for @Ghughes would be to invest small after some research, as everyone has their favourite. Give precedence to tools with good guarantees and those with a bricks and mortar shopfront. After buying the tool of choice, give it a good thrashing and if it comes up to snuff, invest in more of the same brand. If it doesn't, take it back, get your cash back, or swap to another brand at the same store. But the overriding factor here is research and experience. Do as much as you can before taking that headlong leap with your wallet.
BTW, just to throw a spanner in the works, I'm a Metabo fan...

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects