Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Thanks, @gippslandhome.

I hope that I'll get the useful suggestions from this community and I'll remodel my home into a dream home

Lucille
Cultivating a Following

Hi everyone,

My name is Lucille. I recently moved to Australia and bought a 20 years house. I try to improve it to the standards i am familiar with and grew up with rather than demolishing and starting from a new as I am noticing lots of faults and poor standards applied. 

My background is in landscape architecture. Meaning I love designing but also gardening.

I also love dogs and enjoy the birds especially feeding all the parrots here.

Anyway, I will be asking lots of the questions you guys... So thank you in advance for your advices! Cheers.

@Lucille 

Hi Lucille,

Welcome to the community.

I've got to love gardening myself too and in fact I'm currently making a shadow box display with driftwood and air plants, not sure how it will turn out but giving it a go and it will at least be a living display which I like the idea of and will be the first thing I hang on the walls of our new home.

Hope to be able to see what sort of reno's you are working on in your home??

Cheers,

Barbara

@Mathy 

Hi Deb,

I missed you post somehow but welcome all the same.

Oh Deb that is a devine shot from your lounge window. I have lovely farmland around me and I do feel it's beautiful too but not as spectacular as your current view!!

Look forward to seeing what you start doing in your laundry. Is it a full gut or just trying to bring it forward into the 21st century??

Cheers,

Barbara

@Archerbayles 

Hi Archer, welcome!!

Sound like you're on a mission with your new home, what sort of reno jobs are you planning to undertake??

You certainly won't have trouble getting great advice from many here at the workshop.

Cheers,

Barbara

@Baretta11 

Yes, I am on the mission of remodeling my house. But, Currently, I am short on budget. So, I am planning to start with home paints because painting is the single most cost-effective improvement you can make to give another look to your home.

@Archerbayles 

Yes I know all about budget!!

Took hubby and I (farmers) 11 years to build our home, just did what we could when we could with our own money but it was the only way we could do it and because we did it entirely ourselves, we saved HEAPS and we were lucky enough to have a little cottage to live in so we were under no pressure.

As for paint, you're quite right, it is one of the easiest ways to spritz up a drab room if the colour in that room leaves one wondering what was someone thinking ha-ha

Sometimes too, if the bedrooms are quite ok for example and they get painted and perhaps new blinds, then they can be signed off and that can be a relatively cheap fix and then focusing on the more important rooms can begin whilst being able to feel a sense of achievement.

If you're lucky enough to have two bathrooms, then fixing one and using another can give you allot of breathing space once you start to demolish, as what can be expected to take a few weeks can for one reason or another stretch out to months sometimes!!

Best of luck, keep the community in the loop if you can.

Cheers,

Barbara

@Baretta11  - thank you for your kind words, I’m lucky, and I’d feel lucky if I had a farmland  - being able to look out on Nature is a very fortunate place to be. My laundry is 1.2m x 1.5m - so it’s a gut of a very small space 😂 However, I’ve started there to re-engage with some tiling skills, and to learn some epoxy skills for the benchtop, before I start gutting kitchen and bathroom. Cheers Deb :smile:

@Mathy 

Hi Deb,

Yes sounds like a small laundry compared to mine but pretty standard for most homes. Are you on a slab or stumps?

If you're on stumps, you could in fact reconfigure your laundry if you so desired, like shift the taps from here to there, shift the trough perhaps if it would give you a better layout for example??

When I drew up plans for our home and more importantly because we built the home ourselves, so no builder or subbies on site, just us, we were able to still move walls and doorways as we saw fit as sometimes you don't see a problem or a better way until the walls are on their way up or already up, took nothing to move a stud/s for example.

If you're on a slab then it will more likely be just new tiles and a fresh coat of paint I imagine as I wouldn't think you'd want to go so far as ripping up the concrete to make changes?

Can youy share any photo's?

I've tiled and used epoxy so if I can help in any way just ask.

I'm no expert but sometimes just having a go is empowering enough to try anything ha-ha

Cheers,

Barbara

Let me also add my congratulations on your new home @Archerbayles. This must be such an exciting time for you. We're sure the Workshop community will be very keen to see your renovation progress and give you loads of advice and inspiration along the way.

Perhaps you could start by hitting the Start a discussion button and sharing some photos and a houseplan? It would also be good to learn about any plans you might have for the house.

Thanks for joining us,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects