Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tara86
Amassing an Audience

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Hi I’m Tara - joined Dec but only recently I started contributing to the Workshop. We built our home 2 years ago and that’s when my DIY dreams became a reality. Wish I had more time but work, 3 kids and life keep me busy. It’s the best feeling when I’m working on a project!

This site is amazing, so many ideas, tips and support available. Plus the Safety aspect of DIY. No question is to silly. No ones work is criticised or laughed at. All comments are helpful and supportive. 

PS: Sausage Sizzle? 

Hey @Tara86 great to hear from you & I think we can all relate to the time stuff!
I love your comment "...No question is too silly..." that's one of my favourite things about workshop too.
Years ago I used to teach basic garden & landscape courses at Community College and one of the first things I used to say during the first evening of every course was "...the only silly question is the one you need answered but don't ask..."
Having spent many years studying myself I knew that if one person in a room or group needs the answer then there's a better than fair chance others do too :smile:

Tara86
Amassing an Audience

@Adam_W Thank you!! What a great way to have started your classes. That’s what makes this group so enjoyable and rewarding. Everyone is happy to help with advice or ideas!

Gambler
Having an Impact

Music is my passion

My name is Jim, a retired electrician/ technician. My hobbies are music and computers. I also teach computer skills to senior citizens like myself.

my current project is making a lap steel guitar. (Then learn to play it) .

I have joined the workshop to learn new tips and tricks in woodworking and maybe make some new friends.

BTW.  “The Gambler” is my stage name from years ago. (Not that I’m a gambler)

r23on
Amassing an Audience

Re: Music is my passion

Hi Gambler

Can I suggest you join your local Mens Shed or enquire if there is anyone who has made a musical instrement and you may find there is someone who has made a number of them with plans and the equipnent. This will save you a lot of time and money.

Try this site to find a shed in your area.

https://mensshed.org/find-a-shed/

Regards

r23on

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jim (@Gambler)

Welcome to Workshop and many thanks for introducing yourself. I'm sure you'll get plenty of helpful information and inspiration for future woodworking projects from our members. We have many keen and experienced craftspeople who are always happy to share their knowledge. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have a new project to share.

Thanks again for joining us.

Jason

Gambler
Having an Impact

Thanks for your suggestions. I already belong to a Mens shed. But nobody there has ever made a guitar, let alone a lap steel, so no plans available. Thanks again

r23on
Amassing an Audience

Thats ashame we have had a few people make arange of them

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gambler,

Feel free to hit the Start a discussion button and ask the Workshop community for their advice. Creating a new topic would be more likely to be seen by other members.

Jason

Chris1947
Just Starting Out

Re: Building matters

Hi community members

My name is Chris i can provide advice on building and renovating etc. I can also advise you on whether building permits are required for your proposed works. I have extensive knowledge in building and building regulations. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects