Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Deanna
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Hello Community!

My name is Deanna and I'm one of the Moderators on in the Workshop.

I like to garden and I'm looking forward to reading the contributions from our garden enthusiasts as I’m sure they’ll have lots of hints and tips.

In response to @Jason's question: I call it a sanga sandwich  

Regards,
Deanna 

Darren
Making a Splash

Hi everyone,

My name is Darren, I love having a go at random projects around the home - the passion is there but the skills ...

My DIY projects are probably more likely to end with a quick trip to Emergency than a perfectly finished project!

I'm looking forward to learning from the community and sharing my DIY fails and wins. And @Jason, it's just a sausage in bread, isn't it?

Darren

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Workshop @Darren

I reckon passion is more important. The skills can come later! Hopefully Workshop can play a big role there. 

I look forward to hearing about your projects. 

Jason

maknilsin
Making a Splash

Hello Community!

I recently bought a house and land package - my D.I.Y. skills are minimal but I think this will be a great tool for when I move into my new home and need to start getting things done myself and on the cheap.

@Jason it is most definetely just a sausage in bread. @Darren was spot on!

Great to have you onboard @maknilsin. Welcome.

All the very best with your house build - that must be very exciting. I'm sure there will be a lot of projects around the house and garden in the coming years. 

Jason

cupofchloe
Having an Impact

Hello,

My name is Chloe and I plan to keep improving my 60's home, with new D.I.Y Projects.

Two years ago I completed a renovation to update my kitchen, remove walls for more open-plan living space, painted all walls and ripped up the carpet and polished the floorboards.

We have four projects we dip in and out of with interest:

1) Old Deck we want to rip down, to place a deck the width of the house at the back and add in a spa!

2) Landscape, maintain and improve our garden, we have a seasonal english garden, which was passed down to us by the previous owner and we are clueless in the garden - it is obvious to everyone on the street! It had these amazing blossoms that take me by surprise and I am so frightened of ruining it that it sits in disrepair. 

3) Spare Room refresh - I need some space to myself that is not in the main living area. Since opening up the house, I have found that apart from my bedroom there is no private space for me to relax, excersize and read. I hope to improve the spare room for this purpose.

4) Bathroom - nice 60's space which was refreshed when we moved in, but needs some love! brown tiles, bronze, shower, pokey toilet - you get the picture! 

I would like to utilised this community to get advice and tips from other participants, to be inspired by other peoples projects and ideas and to become better at D.I.Y solutions.

Looking forward to meeting you all here

Chloe 

KingStreetReno
Making a Splash

Hi everyone,

My name is Dearne and I bought a small Victorian house in an inner city suburb of Melbourne exactly 12 months ago.

My husband and I are submitting our Planning Permission application to council next week which is a mixture of excitement and relief! We will turn our 2 bed, 1 bathroom home into 3 bed + study, 2 bathrooms.

To do this we are adding on a 2nd storey and completely changing the entire layout of the existing home - leaving only 2 bedrooms at the front of the house untouched.

We will be utilising trades to complete the project but have planned the entire renovation on our own to save on Architecture costs and to become home reno experts.

Look forward to sharing our journey with you all.

Oh, and it's a sausage in bread...

King Street.jpg

Thanks for sharing Chloe (@cupofchloe).

A 60s home - groovy! I would love to see some photos. You might like to start a new discussion thread with some photos that you can keep updating as your progress, or perhaps share some images on our Gallery. 

A very warm welcome. Looking forward to more of your posts.

Jason

Hi Dearne (@KingStreetReno)

Welcome to Workshop. 

What a gorgeous house! Good luck with your planning application. It sounds like a fantastic project, I'm sure all the community will be really keen to share the ride. 

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects