Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Lost in Space

Hi Pete (@popawisky)

Congrats on making your first post! I've merged it with our Introduce yourself discussion so everyone can see it. 

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. I'm sure you'll enjoy "looking round" and find plenty of interesting posts and fascinating members. 

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your projects and plans.

Jason

popawisky
Getting Established

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

In response to @Jason's question: I call it a sanga sandwich  

A sanga in Aussie slang can mean either a sausage or a sandwich. So Sanga it is.

Woahhhhhh hold the bus.

If a sausage is a sanga then refering to the above descriptions we have either a sausage sausage or a sandwich sandwich.

How about snaggers on a raft???????

pete

Oldfart
Having an Impact

Hi everyone, I'm Bruce (aka Bruce Oldfart).
I work at the really big green and red hardware company as a weekend DIY presenter. Mostly this involves showing DIY newbies how not to cut their fingers off.
Re the breads/sausage question, I think it can be accurately called a "Mystery Bag".
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to Workshop Bruce (@Oldfart). I'm sure you have a lot of knowledge that you can share with the community. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your posts very soon. Thanks for introducing yourself.

Jason

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Dear @handymum, welcome to our growing Whorkshop family, I would've welcomed you sooner, but I collapsed when I saw all that you've done & the skills that you've learnt. :bigsmile:

I'm constantly amazed by how DIY savvy our Workshop ladies are, & I look forward to learning from you too.

handymum
Growing in Experience

Thank you for your welcome and kind words Andy. I too look forward to learning from everyone on this forum!
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Re: Lost in Space

G'day @popawisky Pete, welcome to the happy & growing Workshop family. :bigsmile:

I too remember the Triton being shown on the Inventors, I thought it was brilliant, so eventually bought one. I think it's a MarkIII, but it's folded up out of the way, & all the brackets/bolts & widgets are mixed in with other tool accessories, so it'll be nightmare to get it going again. It's a shame really, I only used it for 1 smallish job. :embarassed:

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

G'day @Oldfart Bruce, welcome to the older but happy group of the Workshop family. :bigsmile:

Kudos for putting the time in to save DIYers, from cutting their fingers off, I could do with someone like you looking over my shoulder. My mind tends to wander, & I've had a few near misses that still send shivers up my spine when I think of them.  :shocked: :embarassed:

Bob2953
Finding My Feet

My Name is Bob i am 63 years old and have been making wooden toys for charities

I have been making timber toys for charities for many years i mostly make trucks but have made rocking horses and rocking chairs and dolls cradles . I look forward to seeing what others make

Super_D
Becoming a Leader

Hi my name is David Richards.I love all DIY and I would give any thing a go. I love sorts of wood work, love metal work, welding, land scaping gardening, inventing things, leather work, cooking, electronics and have renovated  an old caravan. I have also been on Burke's Backyard and Better homes and Garden TV shows.  My local Bunnings miss me if I have not been in for a few week. My latest projects is making led lights using beer/wine bottles.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects