Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
D-Man
Finding My Feet

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Hi Everyone!

My name is Dan, my partner and I live in a rented inner-city renovated terrace in Sydney, located in Newtown. We rent currently but have two investment properties.

Being renters, we can't do a lot of DIY around the home, but I love making a difference in the garden, and all the general fix-it items. I enjoy the feeling of being able to fix something around the house myself.

There is one exception to this - plumbing, I draw the line after applying plumbers tape to the laundry tap, I'll stick to the soil and hanging pictures.

Looking forward to seeing some great gardens and inspiring homes.

Also - it's just a 'Sausage Sizzle'

🐵
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dan (@D-Man)

Welcome. Many thanks for joining us here on Workshop.

I'm sure there are many other community members that can identify with the restriction of not being able to do too much D.I.Y. on a rental property. But it's great that you can potter around the garden. Perhaps your landlord would also be happy if you do some minor home decoration to improve the place?

Here's some recent Workshop posts you might be interested in:

Please post again soon. It would be great to see what you're doing in the garden.

Jason

Hi, newbie DIYer here . Glad to join the community. Currently I'm waiting for my first home to be finished and I expect I will need to be handy with diy stuff to improve it. This place just provides that community to help me with my projects.

@HaPPoSSai,

Welcome! It's fantastic to have you join the community. There are plenty of other newbies here who are keen to learn. 

It must be a very exciting time for you building your first home. Workshop member @maknilsin is in the same boat. Check out his post here - Building my first home. 

@TheFoxSays is also preparing to build. She kicked off an interesting discussion recently about how to pick a builder that you might like to contribute to.

Looking forward to reading more about your projects soon. Please let me know if you need any help getting the most from Workshop.

Jason 

Hi All!
I AM John, I run a landscaping business so I have had to learn many things over the last few years but I have tried them out on my own garden first!
We are currently planning to replace floor coverings - 30 year old carpet out and possibly laminate in!
Some floor tiles may have to go as well so need to make careful plans once we start ripping things out!
We have upgraded one bathroom 8-9years ago and was a good result so we feel confident to take on the floors.
House has had several repaints in the 30+ years we have lived in it and raised two kids and now two grandies visiting regularly!
Replaced half the gutters last year and many tiles - once we found replacements - getting harder to match roof tiles on older homes!
Rainwater tanks are also on our wishlist since we have extensive vegetable gardens and fruit trees - picking grapefruit apples and bananas this week!

Anyway must get back to work!
John

Welcome to Workshop John (@greenfalcon). It's great to have you join the community. I'm sure you have lots of expertise and experiences that you can share. I also hope you find Workshop informative, inspirational and fun.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your posts soon. Perhaps you might like to start a new discussion about your floor project and get some ideas and advice from other Workshop members. 

Your garden sounds amazing. Would love to see some photos. 

Jason

Henno
Having an Impact

Hi there, my name is Henno and I'm a golf tragic, a keen surfer and live in Cronulla. I love my DIY projects (when I get time to complete them) and I reckon this forum will go a long way to helping me complete them in a more competent fashion. I also hope to be able to contribute in some fashion. Looking forward to learning some great skills.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Henno,

Many thanks for joining. It's great to have you as part of the community. I'm sure you will learn a lot as there is already many community members with great experiences and knowledge to share. Looking forward to hearing more about your projects soon.

Welcome aboard.

Jason

wazza1
Finding My Feet

Hi all, I'm in the process of building a shed (workshop) out the back to work n hopefully many different woodworking project, the hardest one being intarsia. Look it up and hopefully mre people will get hooked.

And for the record it's a sausage sanga!!!

Cheers big ears.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for introducing yourself @wazza1. It's great to have you onboard. I hope you find Workshop to be informative and plenty of fun. 

I'm really forward to seeing some of your woodworking projects. You might like to start a new discussion about intarsia or share a photo on the gallery. Please post again soon. 

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects