Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
QuailFlock
Having an Impact

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Hi everyone,

This is Wen. I have a veggie patch in a community garden.

In the garden, we practice organic gardening and promote sustainability.

My dream is that one day every household will be able to produce home-grown vegetables!

And a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread in known as fund raising!! .

Happy gardening everyone!

Hi Wen (@QuailFlock)

Welcome to Workshop. It's lovely to have you join the community. I'm sure you will find plenty of like-minded gardeners here on Workshop.

Here's some popular posts you might be interested in:

Dale's garden

Feed your soil and enjoy the harvest

What do you love most about your garden?

My garden bed front fence

Please post again soon. I'm looking forward to reading more about your community garden. 

Jason

Flower24
Growing in Experience

Introduce myself

Hi everyone.

i live in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne Australia. Our soil here is very sandy and poor in nutrition. I look forward to joining in and learning  more about gardening. There is always lots to learn.

enjoy

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Introduce myself

Welcome to Workshop @Flower24. It's great to have you as part of the community. I'm sure you will find plenty of like-minded gardeners here on Workshop.

Here's some posts that you might be interested in:

I'm looking forward to you joining in the discussion. Please let me know if you need a hand getting the most from the site.  

Jason

Dale
Having an Impact

Re: Introduce myself

Hi @Flower24.

As well as what @Jason said above, check out some of the alternative growing methods such as the Aquaponics and Vertical Garden threads to get around poor soil.
Trevor
Getting Established

Hi

My name is Trevor.

I have been doing woodwork for many years and have a good equipped workshop.

I make house and garden furniture. Anything made of timber. 

I enjoy spending an hour or two in the shed each day.

Happy DIY to all

tezza
Getting Established

Hi everyone, My name is Terrie And I am looking forward to being a part of this group. I have an old barbecue in a wooden cart and I am looking for ideas on what to make of the cart. I love things that are quirky and different, but also stylish. I love my garden and I am in the process of re-inventing it. I love oriental statues and themes. Looking forward to sharing my ideas and seeing yours
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Hi

Hi @Trevor,

Welcome to Workshop and many thanks for introducing yourself. I'm sure you will find plenty of people in this community that share your passion - and plenty who are jealous that you get to spend time in the shed every day!

I would love to see some of your work. When you get a chance it would be great if you could start a new discussion and share one of your recent furniture projects. You could also post a photo in the gallery.

Here's some other recent posts that you might be interested in:

Thanks again for joining the Workshop community.  

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Terrie (@tezza)

Many thanks for introducing yourself to the community. It's great to have you join us. Let me extend you a very warm welcome.

I'm sure you will find plenty of things that are quirky, different and stylish around here! Have a browse of the gallery for a start - there is lots of inspiration to be found. 

For your BBQ cart project, I would encourage you to click on the Start a discussion button in the outdoor living board and pop up a photo or two of the cart. I'm sure the Workshop community will be very keen to provide some ideas. You might also be inspired by what @She_Skills did in this project

Another suggestion is to post something in the gardening board to get some ideas for your garden reinvention. 

Thanks again for joining us. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your posts soon. 

Jason

Thanks Jas for the warm welcome!

Great suggestions on the topics, looks like I will be busy reading up! :wink:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects