Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Introduce yourself to the community

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce yourself to the community

Welcome to your Workshop. It is great to have you as a member of the community. We encourage you to say hello and introduce yourself.

Please reply to this post and tell us a bit about yourself. Whatever information you feel comfortable sharing is fine.

You might like to tell us about your current D.I.Y. and garden projects, your work, your passions, your hobbies, your dreams, what you struggle with, what you hope to learn from this community, and/or your favourite ice cream flavour.

And for something truly revealing about yourself - tell us what you call a barbecued sausage served on a single piece of bread.

We look forward to your post and getting to know you. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Jason

Community Manager

Sunshine.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Teacher & Mad Keen on D.I.Y

@Tupps

Just wanted to reach out and extend an overdue welcome to the Workshop community. Great to see your passion for D.I.Y. - I'm sure you have already noticed there's plenty of like-minded people around here! 

What do you teach? We look forward to learning more about your and reading about your projects and plans. Please feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have something to share. 

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: i really like going through stuff people are throwing out.

Hi Karen (@kate1)

Apologies for the slow reply, but I was keen to welcome you to the Workshop community and see if you have made any progress with your bridge project for your grandkids. Do you still need assistance?

It was great to see you received a couple of replies from other members. You might also be interested in these other projects previously shared on Workshop:

If you'd like some more assistance, I would encourage you to hit the Start a discussion button and kick off a new topic with as much detail as possible about what you would like to build. Photos can also be really helpful to show what you are working with or what you are aiming for.

Feel free to also get in touch anytime if you need a hand getting the most from the Workshop site, or have any feedback about how we can make Workshop even more useful to you.

All the best,

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Introduce yourself to the community

Hi Vicky (@Vix633)

Many thanks for the fantastic introduction. Great to have you join us. Please feel free to ask any D.I.Y. question on Workshop - we have a very encouraging and supportive community here and there's no such thing as a "dumb question". 

Congratulations on becoming a home owner. It must be a very exciting time for you and I'm sure you've got lots of plans for future projects. We look forward to reading all about them and seeing what you can achieve. I'm particularly keen to see what you've done with that stable door. 

Thanks again,

Jason

kate1
Getting Established

Re: i really like going through stuff people are throwing out.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm going to check them all out.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @chefyash,

So sorry for the slow reply to your first post on the site. We're really pleased you could join in the discussion here on Workshop. It would be great if you could share your projects and what you have learned over the years. I'm sure in turn that you'll get plenty of inspiration and helpful advice from ohter members. We have so many clever and creative people in the community who generously share their time and expertise. 

Perhaps you could hit the Start a discussion button and share some of your creations with us?

Jason

Re: Hi I'm danny Payne

Hi @dannyman48,

Lovely to see you receive a warm welcome from other members of the Workshop community. There's some top-notch folks around here so I'm sure you'll fit in well.

I'm looking forward to seeing those photos of some of the projects you have achieved over the years. Let me know if you need a hand with making your post. I would recommend you hit the Start a discussion button so they are nice and prominent and easily found by other members. You are also always welcome to post questions about projects you are yet to tackle. There's always plenty of members sharing their experience and knowledge. 

Thanks for joining in the discussion and for introducing yourself. We look forward to reading lots more of your posts soon.  

Jason

dannyman48
Getting Established

Moving house

Hi every body 

Sorry i havn't been in any discussions yet , i have been busy packing the house up and getting ready to move saterday moring       15-6-19 4 am . Long drive from Dandenong, vic. to Toowoomba, Qld.

I havn't posted any photos of anything i have done in the past because I had a virus in the computer and the only way to get rid of it was to format ALL the hard drives and start again.

LOST everything i had stored on it for the last 20 years ,photos,docos,emails2 x 1 terabite drives 2 x 500 gig drives all external drives + the 500 gig hard drive intenal . I am not happy. i have only one external ( old ) hard drive left and hope it has photos because that will be the only  photos i will have of my wife left. and i have allready packed it ..

so it may be a couple of weeks be for you hear from me again, but u will

talk later 

danny

Re: Moving house

No worries at all @dannyman48. Good luck with the big move. I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

So sorry to hear that you lost precious photos. I hope you can recover some of them. 

Jason

Re: Moving house

@dannyman48 

Hi Danny,

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear about your PC. I have a friend who does all my PC stuff, I call him my computer guru and he managed to retrieve all my data when my PC died even though he warned me that it might not work and if you're interested I could give you his contact details and perhaps he could help you unless of course you have had professional help but it wouldn't hurt to try someone else?

Interesting that you are heading to Toowoomba, I live in country Victoria, near Colac/Geelong anyway, I visited a cattle stud in Toowoomba a few years back, small world, ha-ha

Look forward to hearing from you when you settle in!!

Cheers,

Barbara

Rekha
Finding My Feet

Hi . I'm Rekha. I am an avid gardener from India. I have a lawn and a terrace garden wit 

IMG_20190628_061758.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects