Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Internal barn door build

neilmacgregor
Just Starting Out

Internal barn door build

Am in the process of going to build an internal barn door for my daughter. Doorway is aprox. 1.8 W by 2.1 H. Would like it to be one piece because of wall space on one side. Any feed back would be helpful.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Internal barn door build

Hi @neilmacgregor,

Thanks for your post. I've moved you post out of the gallery comments section into its own discussion topic so it is more easily seen by other community members. 

It sounds like a fantastic project. Barn doors are certainly getting very popular. You might like to start with this information page on the Bunnings site, which has links to some of the door track kits you can buy - https://www.bunnings.com.au/diy-advice/latest-in-our-range/barn-style-sliding-doors-how-and-why-to-g...

Is this the kind of look you are going for?

barn door HEADER.jpg

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us. It sounds like you've got plenty of skills and experience to share. I hope you also get lots of good advice, information and inspiration for your projects from other community members. Please hit the Start a discussion button whenever you need a hand or have a new project to share.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
KellyG
Finding My Feet

We're about to undertake the same project! We have the question of keeping the door from swinging out at the base. 10 yr old daughter isn't going to be careful. K

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

I imagine that is an important consideration @KellyG. I would be looking at the heaviest door possible, but hopefully other Workshop members might have more sophisticated suggestions for you!

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the community. We're pleased you could join us and look forward to reading more about your projects.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

@neilmacgregor@KellyG

I remembered someone had shared a barn door they created on Workshop last year and found it.

Check out what @Hansi built using fence pailings - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Living-and-Bedroom/While-I-m-on-the-subject-of-fence-palings/m-p/1399...

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects