Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ideas for newly plastered walls

Ajmod
Building a Reputation

Ideas for newly plastered walls

We have just covered some internal brick walls with plaster. Keen for people's thoughts on what we should do with the walls? Thinking of putting some shelving in...any other ideas? Previous owner stored their pool cues in there, but no pool table for us yet! Thanks.

walls.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: ideas for newly plastered walls

Looks like a wonderfully big room @Ajmod. Can I ask what the room will be used for? Is it a family room or lounge room, for example? I'm sure the Workshop community will be able to come up with plenty of ideas for such a great space.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Ajmod
Building a Reputation

Thanks Jason. The room is big - 10x7 m. At the moment we're planning to use it as a casual/rumpas room.There's a nice big fireplace on the other side of the walls too.

The room is so big that we won't be furnishing it all at once - we'll pop some couches in, rug, tv etc which still only takes up about half the room! Other ideas very welcome.

RenoQueen
Making a Splash

Enormous space! Some modern shelving could be great. Here's some inspiration...

shelving.jpgshelving1.jpgshelving2.jpg

A series of big artworks would also look fantastic. Or something like vintage posters/prints if that is more to your taste. 

KingStreetReno
Making a Splash

I'd add in a photowall along with some nice shelving @Ajmod

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Large retro posters would be fun.

capt.jpgmickey.jpgforbidden.jpg

Where can I buy these shelves RenoQueen?

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Perfect time to consider turning it into your media room. Large pull down screen, nice cheap 4k projector from ebay. Amplifier and speakers from gumtree or cash converts. Sit back relax and enjoy your own private theater. As for the wall I suggest collecting a whole bunch of picture frames and do a collage of frames with pictures of the family. Bean bags nice big fluffy carpet. Dads Lay Z Boy! Beer fridge. Shelves for your porcelain frog collecrion an old turn table and somewhere in there is a computer a table that serves as the corner office. Almost forgot the popcorn maker!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Regina,

Many thanks for joining in the discussion. Let me tag @RenoQueen for you so she is alerted to your question.

You might also be interested in these Bunnings projects:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/diy-advice/home-improvement/shelving-and-storage/diy-industrial-wooden-b...

https://www.bunnings.com.au/diy-advice/home-improvement/shelving-and-storage/how-to-make-diy-honeyco...

https://www.bunnings.com.au/diy-advice/home-improvement/shelving-and-storage/how-to-make-a-kids-disp...

https://www.bunnings.com.au/diy-advice/indoor/bedroom/diy-shadow-box-feature-wall

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading all about your own projects and plans. We trust you will receive loads of helpful advice, inspiration and information from our members. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have something to share.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

They were just some photos collected from the web @Regina. Sorry I don't know where you might be able to buy them from. But if you like one in particular, I'm sure all the clever people on this site could help you build it yourself. It would be cheaper and you could create something that perfectly suits your house! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects