Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

I wish that I'd done that years ago...

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

I wish that I'd done that years ago...

Ever finished a simple project and then wondered why you hadn't done it years ago?

We certainly felt that way when we got rid of the old rotary clothesline in our backyard. 

What are your nominations?

Clothesline.JPG

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Re: I wish that I'd done that years ago...

One of the best things we ever did at our place was rip up all the carpet and expose the floorboards. I could never go back to carpet. 

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

I built my current home in 2010, lived in it for a year before having it as an investment property up until I moved back in March 2015. I was suit slack during that first year so only got the bare minimum done. Now I'm in it and plan to be for a while I'm working (and spending) my **bleep** off to make it awesome.

Sooooooo...I don't wish I put the pool, fake grass, fancy paving, ducted air con in before...I do wish I had of finished all the painting (missed pantry, linen closet and walk in robes). Even though I'm repainting the whole place, the previously unpainted walls have added some extra work and it just looks gross in the meantime.
----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Darren
Making a Splash

A couple of things - replacing the decrepid section of fence in our backyard that didn't match the rest of the (nice) fence and ripping off the disgusting rotting mission brown driveway gates.

Goldmember
Having an Impact

We recently installed some outdoor power points. Wish I'd done it years ago! So handy for plugging in electrical tools like the whipper snipper, powering lights, radios, etc as well as recharging cordless tools while you're working in the garden. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

It wasn't a "simple project", but after our first full summer with a pool I'm now wondering why we didn't take the plunge earlier. Apart from the cost, that is! It's certainly been great for the kids and their friends, and I'm really enjoying having a quick swim at the end of the day.

Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Anyone completed a project recently and immediately thought "I wish I'd done that years ago..."?

Jason

Not "years ago", but I just recently completed a small deck area, which extends from our alfresco and I have been out there just about every day working with various plants, using the bbq more and just sitting out there and relaxing.

As I said, not years ago, but we built and moved in 18 months ago and I wish we had made that alfresco area bigger back when it was being made.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects