Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Eerie DIY Happenings around your House or Reno

John1
Having an Impact

Eerie DIY Happenings around your House or Reno

I have gremlins in my house. Pam was madly doing something in the bottom shelf of the cabinet's under the sink. I asked her what she was doing and she said "cleaning out all this water". Alarm bells rang my hair stood on end and dollar signs flashed before my eyes I could see expensive plumber bill here. 

Pam then said who put this jug full of water under here. "What" a full plastic jug of water appeared in her hands. It was that full it was splashing over the top as she gently maneuvered it to the sink.

Jug full of water and the bottom shelf swamped. "Don' look at me I never put it their was my reply as she snarled at me" I said with a puzzled expression and her rebuttal was "well I didn't". To make one of my saga's a short story [ which pains me]. nobody put the jug there. All we could come up with was that we had a plumber in about eight months ago and that must of been his quick fix to a very tiny leak from the cold water tap to the dish washer and we surmised that whenever a pot or pan was placed in there the plastic jug got bumped and over time a full jug put away pots and pans and wallah the water came spilling over the top and today was the day Pam noticed it. 

I got out my trusty multigrips and a little tightening, no more drips I hope. This time I put a small takeaway container under the join that I had just tightened. Will check it tonight and see.

Has anybody else had gremlins in your house or workshop?

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Re: Eerie DIY Happenings around your House or Reno

@John1

Damned right we have, the little buggers break into the fridge & next thing I now there aren't any beers left.

Anyways, that's what I tell Tania. ; )

John1
Having an Impact

Now the plumbers coming as there is allot more wrong than just that little leak. After it drained checked the takeaway dish and it was brim full of water. A blockage some where in the Dish Washer. 

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@John1

Now's the time to ditch the dishwasher, & get the cook to do 'em. ; )

darylhewston
Becoming a Leader

@John1

I would love some gremlins to come around and do all my work for me.  I just don't seem to have enough time in the day to finish everything I need to do.

@Andy_Mann

I seem to have the same problem with my beer.  Disappears right before my eyes.

@Andy_Mann

I think I found my gremlins.

meercats.jpg

Won't mow the lawn though.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects