Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Do your pets sleep indoors?

CathD
Making a Splash

Do your pets sleep indoors?

Pet.jpg

The nights are starting to get colder at our place, which means its time for the annual discussion (fight) about whether the dog can sleep indoors. 

Do your pets sleep indoors? Why or why not? 

Hopefully I'll get some advice that can turn the discussion in my favour at home...

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Do your pets sleep indoors?

Humphrey sleeps inside. We're in Melbourne so I think it's too cold outside overnight. He would also get up to mischief. When he was a puppy we kept him locked in the laundry but now the kids tend to drag his bed into their bedroom. He's pretty good at staying in his bed but occasionally we'll hear him jumping on the couch when he thinks the coast is clear...  

Humph.JPG

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Kellie
Making a Splash

I wouldn't leave my baby outside! Although his snoring sometimes gets annoying!

Darren
Making a Splash

Sid on the couch.JPG

We used to let Sidney sleep on the (recently new) couch - that was until he started to chew it ... Now he sleeps on a canvas bed with his blanket in our back room by a heating duct. The bed keeps him off the ground so he's nice and warm and our couch stays intact!

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Which side of the discussion are you on @CathD?

MartyH
Amassing an Audience

I know a lot of local councils now prohibit cats from being outside to protect native animals. 

I think the dog should be inside. It's too cold outside overnight. And dogs are pack animals so I'm sure they feel more secure and happy when they are close to us. 

timjeffries
Making a Splash

I love my dog but there is absolutely no way he's sleeping inside. He's a kelpie and so in another life would probably have spent his whole life working and sleeping in much more miserable places than his comfy kennel.

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

indoor.png

KingStreetReno
Making a Splash

My dog Gus is a Pug X Cavalier so definitely an indoor dog. He thinks we are human dog beds and loves to snuggle, so not a chance in hell of sleeping outside (unless it involves sunbaking on our outdoor table)...

This is my human dog bed husband: Dog hugs.JPG

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects