Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. jobs you'd rather not have to do...

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

D.I.Y. jobs you'd rather not have to do...

We've been painting recently at our place and on the weekend I needed to use an orbital sander to get some particularly stubborn layers of old paint off a window sill. Sanding is not one of my favourite jobs. And cleaning up all the dust that seems to go everywhere is certainly not one of my favourite jobs. 

It made me wonder about the D.I.Y. jobs you'd rather not have to do. 

What tasks around the house and garden do you hate doing and why?

Jason

Sanding.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Re: D.I.Y. jobs you'd rather not have to do...

@Jason removing mould from walls, would have to be my least favourite activity around the house. Or for that matter any activity which is a "band-aid" and not an actually fix to the  issue.

Being a renter in a property that will no doubt be demolished within 5 years, understandably the owner doesn't want to fix anything costly like roof leaks.

That leaves me constantly having to up keep a damp house.

Not fun cleaning mould which will return in 6months.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Anything involving a ladder.

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

@Brad I never had any real issues with ladders and certainly no fear of heights. However last year whilst hanging Christmas lights, using a aluminium ladder well past its used by date, the clip that secures it in A Frame mode snapped. Was on the second top rung and took a fall, I wouldn't have an issue jumping from that height though I landed on top of the ladder. Lucky I didn't break my ankle or such. Going to be a while till I get back on one with confidence I think.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

So I just accepted a job putting up curtain rods...

Yoda
Getting Established

Hi there. I am about to get my OBE so caution is the game with me. The best purchase I have made in the last 10 years was a second hand painters ladder with the lift up tray. It is so secure, easy to fold and carry and great for all jobs inside the house.

Cheers

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

I have one that straps on the front of my toolbox, painters ladder, step ladder, old extension ladder and a platform. If bunnies does another cheap scaffold offer I may add one to the collection.

Bundaboy
Having an Impact

How do I count the ways?

By far and away it's the  result of wood movement in my cedar doors an windows. This last 6 months has been a nightmare.

The next is the spiral window balances that are all now way past their 10 year use by date.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects