Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Collecting inspiration for your next project

RenoQueen
Making a Splash

Collecting inspiration for your next project

Interested to hear how people collect images and other items they are using for inspiration for their next project. I know a lot of people use Pinterest, as per this article today on Domain. But I like ripping out pages of magazines and catalogues and other things so I tend to just keep a physical folder. I probably should go digital though! How do you collect inspiration for your projects? 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Collecting inspiration for your next project

I would be keen to hear if any community members would like to have a project scrapbook feature here on Workshop that they could use to collect ideas, inspiration and helpful information for their upcoming projects. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Houzz lets you create Ideabooks of photos. You can now also sketch on them, which can be handy. 

BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

@Jason
There are plenty of free apps and useless photos, models,etc,  without data/info on the internet
You need to give the Battlers & Punters something more & of specific value to them..HTH

@RenoQueenI still use hard copy display books for the oldies. He,He, He
But Digital is the way to go, Projects can now be Modelled for data, customisation
and the process is automated through computer algorithms using BIM Software & Apps.
Usually email a photo then solve the design, engineering & construction,etc, Costs

The problem with someone elses scrapbook it's never quite what they want...

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

https://www.buildsomething.com/ gives you some plans to go with pretty pictures.

I struggle with CAD and floorplan software so I went old school and got a tilt up drafting table.

Prof
Becoming a Leader

I agree with Isobel..Houzz everytime!..Literally 1000's of design ideas on each project on just about anything..
BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

LOL..I just checked out Houzz..it is so far removed from reality it's hilarious
The real B&P's aren't on that website looking for advice

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects